Sandman!

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Hey, have you got out water hunting? Thought I would spur you on by telling you what I got up at the lake yesterday: A 14k wedding band that is huge, it goes on my thumb! I also snagged a 22" 14k Italian neck chain (ladies). Just a couple of points below 15 grams of 14k for the two of them. I must admit that three hours in that wet suit and getting up at 2:30 A.M. had me pretty rung out. If you come out to the east coast, give me a heads up and maybe we can get together. Joe

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Joe. Did you do it with the Clean Sweep Coil on the Tiger Shark? I have been down with some bug but think I am well enough now to get out. Now the question is which detector to use. Think I'll put the 10 inch coil on the Tiger and go at it.

Take Care, :hello:
Dennis

OP
OP
J

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. That's what it's all about at this time of our life, how we feel. Yes, I was using your old 3" X 18" coil on my TS. You know that coil actually discriminates better than my 8" coil. Go figure. I had to give my wife the bad news about the neck chain, It's very worn on all the links so she won't be able to wear it. (Not to worry, she has dozens of them from my 40 years of water hunting.) Tell me about the 10" coil on the TS. How does it compare to the 8" in your opinion? Oh, not sure if I told you or not. I picked up a class 5 floatation devise a couple of years ago. It's like a belt or bandoleer. It has a rip cord with a CO2 cartridge that inflates it if you get in trouble. It gives me a good secure feeling. (We can use all the help we can get!) Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that when I change coils to the 10 inch I need to back of the Sens. a might. I have put a dab of paint on the pot for the Sens. so I don't get it mixed up with the Threshold. It is a little awkward to adjust while not pulling the wires and pushing in on the battery holder. The less you have to open the box the better. I sometimes use a life vest too when I am out deep and you just never know.

Attachments

• Vest.jpg
    Vest.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 179

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread