Ever find yourself...

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
...staring at someone's jewelry? The huge gold ring the guy is wearing next to you in a restaurant or the lady that has several rings and a huge bracelet that looks like the bullet deflectors that Wonder woman wore. What about the massive gold chain around the neck of the guy walking down the street. My wife always rolls her eyes when I comment, "I'd sure like to invite them for a long swim at the beach". I'd even provide the suntan lotion. ;D

Upvote 0

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And I thought it was only me.

I was drooling recently at the young lady (with chubby fingers) who had more than 20 rings on her ten fingers .. some fingers had 2!

jj

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I confess, I am guilty too of this.. on the beaches I find folks checking there fingers as I am swinging by..but the best one was recently in the water, a fellow had on a NICE thick gold chain, with a nice celtic gold cross, sooooooooo being me, I said to him, why dont ya just give me that nice necklace and cross now, it will save me time from hunting for it.. he got absolutely hysterical..but man I kept my eye on him too lol.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somewhat... since I mostly hunt a drive on beach I look as I am cruisin down the beach, and make note of where to hunt tomorrow. I have lost valuable items at the beach and let me tell ya it sucks.

XT18000

May 26, 2008
AS a mater of fact, YES! I made a trip to South Padre Island on the 4Th of July weekend
and this fellow was parked about 30 feet from me when I spotted his cross and chain.
After staring at it for 30min. I finely walked over and ask him if he would like to go for
a swim or maybe play tag football out in the surf but as he didn't speak English and I
was more than a little short on Spanish so I didn't get very far with my grand plan of making
a GREAT find for the weekend. All I got was a picture. It was about three inches tall and
was very heavy and the chain could have been used to tow a car with! He had a bad cut
on his hand and was not able to go in the water.

Attachments

• Cross 001.jpg
    Cross 001.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 363

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
On land I would say almost never would I pay any attention to someones jewelry. However, when I am in the water at the beach, my eyes are constantly scanning people to see what they are bringing into the water with them. I think of it as studying my prey.

I had a couple young guys ask me last year what I was looking for. I politely smiled and said "I'm looking for that gold stuff you have around your neck". The young guy smiled back and said your not looking for this, it's plastic. I swear it looked exactly like gold. He showed me and sure enough it was plastic. I asked him why in the world would he ever want to wear fake plastic gold and he politely replied, "to impress the ladies".

Had a lady tell me on Monday at the beach that she had already sold all her gold after asking what I was doing.

No wonder the finds are down, between people cashing out their "unwanted gold" :tongue3: and plastic gold now.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Oh yeah! I am constantly watching people now and when I make a comment to my kids or hubby they just kind of roll their eyes....... LOL AND I DON'T TELL THEM TO NOT WEAR THEIR JEWELRY ANY MORE. They don't listen anyway and always tell me.... well my stuff doesn't come off! OK whatever! LOL

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, your honor, I plead the fifth.

Last nite we were watching some show and I noticed the woman folk wasn't wearing the ring she had on in another scene. My wife said, she did, I said "no". I won that one. I had to tell her that the size of the ring was what I saw and I'd like to see that one in my scoop.

I quit telling the touristos to leave the goodies at home. Hell, I quit telling everyone that I find anything. It's better that way.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guilty as well, whenever anyone asks me what I'm looking for, I reply "anything that you might lose", and when they ask me if i return it, I say "only if it has your name on it and you have the proper I.D. to provide me.

But lately I just tell them all I find is trash, and to stay back a few feet away from me so they don't get zapped by my coil. :laughing7: The kids get away pretty fast after telling them that.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The funny ones are the ones who see you coming down the sand and run up to their towels!!! and check to see if their stuff is still there!!! Guess you know where I'm detecting tomorrow!!!!

gallienus267

Jul 18, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Cobra Beach Magnet Fisher 1270
Guilty as charged. I am always looking at rings, chains etc on people. Some have eye popping bling. Then I think why don't you loose that and me find that in my scoop or plug. Just human.

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My last trip to Florida there was a big guy with his three kids in the water. He had a large gold chain on. I watched him for quite a while hoping a wrestling match would break out but it never did. It was sad to see the five of them leave ( dad, three kids, the chain )

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad I'm not the only one LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread