Found a Coil Cover in Myrtle Beach...

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys and girls. This is a longshot but was in Myrtle Beach last week and on Monday July 12 stopped and talked for a couple of minutes to a guy detecting as I was doing the same. I know what kind of detector he had and he was from somewhere in Ohio, sadly I don't recall his name, I am terrible remembering names. Went on down the beach quite a ways, turned around and on the way back I came accross a coil cover. I know it has to be his, it is for his type of machine. I picked it up and hoped I would cross paths with him on my way back but I did not. I looked for him the rest of the week and didn't see him again. So if you know a guy from Ohio that was in Myrtle Beach SC last week and lost his coil cover, or if you read this yourself, contact me by PM and describe the cover and the approximate area we were and I will gladly send it to you. Thanks, and Moderators I did not know exactly where to post this but thought this thread would be the best shot of reaching this fellow, move it if you think it should be moved with my apologies. Thanks Everyone HH.

Upvote 0

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
I lost a coil cover last year on Miami Beach in the rough surf, maybe the Gulf Stream took it up north and left it on your beach. :laughing7:

Whites, black 9.5 inch cover with a hole in the center. Looks like a Frisbee with about a 2.5 inch hole in the center.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow even us treasurehunters lose our stuff :laughing9: :laughing9:

I use a zip tie to keep mine on.

Hopefully he looks at the tnet.

HH

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he probably got disgusted with it and took it off and tossed it!! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread