Lots more targets - Update

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I got out there late this morning because I had to drop my grandson off at camp before I could hunt. Another really beautiful morning today. I was getting lots of hits but all junk. I did find a key ring with no keys on it.

071910.jpg

I hunted for almost 2 hours before I got my first ........... RING! This ring is HUGE! It is even too big for my thumb! It is 10k gold and it is my second Claddagh ring. I found another one like it last year.

Ring07191010k.jpg

I was just about ready to leave for the day when I got my second............................. RING!

Now from the looks of it I thought it was junk but I am in the process of cleaning it up right now and there is a stamp inside so I am betting that this one is going to be silver.

Ring0719101.jpg

I will update this post later after I get it cleaned up and let you know if it does indeed turn out to be silver. I hope you had a good day too! :wink:

UPDATE​

Ok I did my best to clean the ring and it isn't as shiney as I would have liked but still it came out pretty good. The bad thing was I lost one of the tiny stones out of the setting. I found the stone but it is not in the ring anymore. It is the tiny stone on the left of the picture. It is silver. I can now read the stamp (925) and on the other side it is stamped China. So here is a before and after picture.

Ring0719101.jpg
Ring071910925.jpg

YEAH BABY! 2 RINGS TODAY AND BOTH "GOOD" ONES!

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Lots more targets

Those two rings kind of makes all that junk worthwhile, doesn't it? :wink:

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Lots more targets

Very nice, I hope to find one of those type rings one day... good job. :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well holey moley Mumzie, your kicking butt, may the next one be loaded with diamonds and platinium too.. :thumbsup:

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
That Claddagh ring is really great! :icon_thumright:

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
FANTASTIC!!! Sure like seeing you dig something besides BB's... :laughing7: Congrats on that Big Beautiful Gold ring Mums. :hello2:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrads on the gold rings...you sure did alot of digging...and it sure paided off............joe

JRich98150

May 29, 2007
Middleburg, Florida 32068
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Keep finding those rings over there!

"The bad thing was I lost one of the tiny stones out of the setting"
.....That's why they invented super glue but at our age it's hard to see what your doing. I mention super glue only because you said the ring was also stamped China. Otherwise I'd keep the super glue far away from it. But the silver is probably much better to have than the stones anyway. Hope to see you find and post more gold and silver rings over there.

JRich

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yaahooo!! Right on Mumzie! :hello2:

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
Well alrighty then!!!
I recently found one of those "hands on the heart" rings. I'll trade you?
...Mine was small and silver. :(
I'm glad you had a good one. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions