Want info on St. Croix

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
First and foremost, you need to eat at Stixx. Best baby back ribs, I've had. I've lived throughout the south for most of my life and have eaten alot of swine. Hands down, Stixx wins. Perhaps, it is the ambiance overlooking Christiansted harbor from the deck.

Beaches: I would pound Cane Bay. Narrow beach confines the drops, but the place always has a crowd. Plus, it has some excellent shore diving with a short fin kick to the most dramatic wall diving. Do NOT go to isolated beach locations without someone to watch your back. I was out on the East End with 4 others (2guys/2girls). We weren't detecting, but noticed some locals come upon our location. Played a bit of cat and mouse when we were able to lose them amongst the rocks and rugged terrain. Good thing as the one local had a large screwdriver with him. Who knows what would have happened...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went there in 94 for about four days.It was November and not many crowds . Had an amazing time and there should be plenty of good hunting there for you and the food is fantastic!!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Go to a store and buy a can of Wasp Spray, it'll shoot a stream of poison 20 feet. Better and cheaper than Pepper Spray. :laughing7:

Bottlemanstx

Oct 6, 2008
Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Garret Mark II / White's Classic ID5
Whodom,

If you would like, PM me and I will give you as much information you need as I lived there for 7 years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread