Good/Bad day (no pics)

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I went out this morning and it was a great morning. I stepped into the water and got a hit right off the bat! It sounded good but.............. turned out to be a pulltab. Now we all know that those sound off like a gold ring but no ring this time. It was just a pulltab. OK I wasn't too upset about that, after all, I just started out and the morning was young. I spent about 2-1/2 hours out there and never got another hit - NOT ONE! That place was clean as a whistle. No more pulltabs, no bottle caps, no bobby pins or hair clips and no bb's! You'd think I had a bad day but nope.... I had a good day. It was really nice out, barely a ripple in the water and I felt good. You can't find good stuff every time you go out (even though you'd like to). I HAD A GOOD DAY and I hope your day is as good or better. :wink:

Upvote 0

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
mumszie - I actually had the same exact thing happen to me last week but it was a (1) bottlecap I found instead of a pulltab. It was kind of weird finding absolutely nothing. I was actually thinking to myself - theres at least got be pulltabs here, lol.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I need to be as positive as you Mums.... Sometimes I forget that it is a hobby, not a profession... But lord knows, when the money is tight and you drop $30+ on gas to go to the beach and find nothing, it can be a little disheartening..
But it is really no different that going fishing, spending the money to go, and getting skunked.. (But actually, in 40 yrs of fishing, I have never not caught something *knock on wood*)
I am going to try to keep you in mind the next time I have a "bad" day... ;-)

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My day was BAD because I went to the office, but GOOD because that means I still have my job.

One thing's for sure, you need to leave that stretch of hunted out beach alone for awhile. :icon_pirat:

Silver Surfer, I feel your pain. Once you add up the gas and time to get there, walking away with a couple of bucks in clad really doesn't feel too good. I guess I have to keep reminding myself I do this for fun and not for profit.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mumszie said:
I guess it just depends on how you look at it. I went out this morning and it was a great morning. I stepped into the water and got a hit right off the bat! It sounded good but.............. turned out to be a pulltab. Now we all know that those sound off like a gold ring but no ring this time. It was just a pulltab. OK I wasn't too upset about that, after all, I just started out and the morning was young. I spent about 2-1/2 hours out there and never got another hit - NOT ONE! That place was clean as a whistle. No more pulltabs, no bottle caps, no bobby pins or hair clips and no bb's! You'd think I had a bad day but nope.... I had a good day. It was really nice out, barely a ripple in the water and I felt good. You can't find good stuff every time you go out (even though you'd like to). I HAD A GOOD DAY and I hope your day is as good or better. :wink:

You must have gone to Clearwater Beach. My last hunt there had a grand total of one (drum roll) penny. Oh, I'm sorry I did find a quarter too but somehow I lost it. It was a day with 3 foot waves.

Tomorrow is another day and probably will be better than today. Of course lately it is like playing craps........

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so, wed...............3 times backwards............worked for me and

i plan on the same for wed. :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions