Good karma pays off... BIG TIME!!!

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
My buddy Joe has been asking me to take him metal detecting for a while now, so because he bought his own machine and all I decided he obviously is serious enough that I owe it to him to take him out. I knew this wasn't going to be simple because he had very little experience. I explained to him how to grid and area and to keep his coil low and steady. Joe is a fast learner and soon he had a nice rhythm and was finding some change. I was just swing my minelab about 25 feet to his left with one ear hanging out of the ear phones watching his swing to see if I could help him get better when I get a nice sound. It sounded alot like a quarter just under the sand. So, sense I figured it wasn't much I scooped it up and kicked the pile and out pops this gem. Joe was so excited for me. I thought because of how big it was that it might be a fake, but after I see the 14k I thought this could be the real deal. Joe was officially hooked now and is already looking for a better detector. :icon_thumright:

This morning I take it to my Jeweler Dave (Dave is an old friend) I hand it to Dave and he just smiles and shakes his head as he goes to the back room to test it. Dave comes out of the back room and says "You got to be the luckiest sob ever. How much do you want for it?" I just chuckle and say "How much is worth Dave" He says "It's worth around 2000 bucks"

The ring has 3/4 karat main diamond and my jewelers quick estimate is around 2 more karats of combined diamonds. I left it with him to clean it and give me a profession appraisal of whats it worth. I hope everyone enjoys this as much as I did finding it. Thanks for reading and taking a look.

Update... To the Moderator who fixed my picture... Thank you very much =)

Attachments

• DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 997
  • DSC00278.JPG
    DSC00278.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 865
Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooooohhhhweeeeee!!!!!!!!!!! :icon_thumright:

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you say BAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGG !!!!

PHOTO COULD BE A BIT SMALLER !!!

ROCKYREDBARON

HH TO ALL

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work... I did good last weekend as well... keepin my eye on the storm, might move a lil sand... :thumbsup:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg that is one awesome ring.. I am still waiting on my first diamond ring..which sooner or later I will find.. that is one kick butt find.. big time congrats to ya. :thumbsup:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just something you will remember for the rest of your life! Congrats on a beautiful find! Sweeettt!!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Wow. Just wow. Can't think of anything else to say. Wow. Droooooooooooooool.......

OP
OP
Hangingfor8

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Thanks everyone. I wish I knew how to make the picture a little smaller. This is by far the best ring I've ever found. Like they say at the end of the show My name is Earl, "Want good Karma.... Do something nice." I hope everyone is doing great and thanks again.
Will

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did I put a ladies pedal back on her bike since I had some tools at the inlet. Hopefully soon... see ya out there... :thumbsup:

D

digum smacks

unless you keep your rings.i would QUICKLY take 2000 if thats what he offered. IF you sell it you would be lucky to get 1000 center is what 3/4 ct and baguettes arent worth squat.but it is a very pretty ring and someone cried whoever lost that. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: nice find btw banner.

PettyOfficer

Greenie
May 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang Will! Just think, if I wasn't deployed I might have got it before you did! Great Job! :notworthy:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful ring Hanging................ :icon_thumright:........................Banner :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread