Sand Crab style

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
After being off the island for a week I finally got back out to hunt today. A little over 12 hours total (3 different 4 hr hunts). By far my best day ever. I found the first 2 rings, Mens band and heart with chips in the morning at a public beach close to home. Found the necklace in dry sand on bace where they are always playing football (broken clasp). Found the other two rings tonight back at the local beach.

I tried to focus on getting through as many targets as I could today. If I didn't get the target in the first couple of scoops I moved on instead of waisting 10 minutes on a pull tab. 3 out of the 4 rings we near the surface and recent drops. The mens band was deeeeep and looks to have been there a while. 2 10k and 2 14k and the chain was 14k also. The toe ring was TI junk but matches the silver one I found with Sandcrab a few weeks ago

Attachments

• DSC03606.JPG
    DSC03606.JPG
    295.5 KB · Views: 637
  • DSC03608.JPG
    DSC03608.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 600
  • DSC03609.JPG
    DSC03609.JPG
    403.5 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot nice stuff. Congrats :icon_thumleft:

On a side note: I would imagine that the Kona brewing co cap is not uncommon on the islands. I found 1 a few weeks ago here in FL. Out of all the caps I've dug in the past 10 years, it was the 1st one I had found.

kai_gold

Jun 29, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Use: Gold Bug 2, Gold Bug Pro, F5, Compadre

Previously Used: Etrac, Explorer, G2, Lobo ST, Ace 250, Ace 350, MXT, Goldmaster 4/b, Gold Stinger, GTAx 550, Sovereign, Golden Umax,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent finds. Congrats!

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
All right Ryan!!!
Very nice. Am truly happy for you.
I haven't been out too much lately. Just too busy working.
Again congrats on the finds. :icon_thumleft:

BareBones

Aug 20, 2009
Florida
Detector(s) used
Surf PI, Ace 250,Excal 1000,PI Dual Field, Sand Shark
Nice Finds!

Sugar and pineapples are a thing of the past in Hawaii now. Dole is converting all their pineapple fields into coffee and Kona coffee will be the major export for the islands in the near future. What Dole does not convert over to coffee they are building shopping malls and housing developments. It's the passing of an era for sure.

So keep your eye out for those Kona coffee tops, they are sure to be a curse of the future.

OP
OP
U

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
I should change the title. If this were Sandcrab syle there would have been more bling. Either way I'll take it.

Thanks all, I can probably type a little better now that I got some sleep. I guess I can name the beach since it always has 8-10 guys hunting it all day anyway. Where I found the rings was Kailua Beach. Its a big area and most of the guys that hunt it get at a depth and stay there and walk a straight line down the beach. I passed 7 or 8 excals headed the opposite way from me. The one guy was pretty smug making fun of my PI machine. I had to laugh when I found the heart ring about 2 minutes after I passed him right where he walked through. I dug a lot of targets yesterday. I dumped the junk from my pouch after each of the 1st 2 hunts and there was more in each of those pouches than the one in the picture. I ended up with a blister on my scoop hand.

I found the chain at a beach on base. It was high tide and I knew there wouldn't be many people at this beach so I wasted some time there. I was very surprised when I pulled that gold out of the center of the dry sand. I was dragging my scoop to get a good grid and it paid off.

The chain ended up being 4.24 grams

10k rings were 3.66 grams

14k rings were 8.71 grams

Wish everyday was like that

H/H

Ryan

h2ojunkie

Jul 7, 2010
Honolulu
Detector(s) used
Excal II, DF
You hit the mother load Ryan, congrats. Looks like Da Sandcrabs got some competition ;D Out of curiosity what PI machine are you using?

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a great day. COngrats.

HawaiiMDer

Jul 31, 2009
Kapolei, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field and Minelab Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oh heck no!!!!! You went detecting with Alec? I didn't get an invite and Alec has my phone number!!!! WTH!!!!!!! LOL!!! Congrats Ryan on your finds brother!!!!!

Ken

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
HawaiiMDer said:
Oh heck no!!!!! You went detecting with Alec? I didn't get an invite and Alec has my phone number!!!! WTH!!!!!!! LOL!!! Congrats Ryan on your finds brother!!!!!

Ken

Tomorrow morning at 0600 at Waimea bay. I did invite you before. That's about the only time I have during the week.

h2ojunkie

Jul 7, 2010
Honolulu
Detector(s) used
Excal II, DF
Good luck Alec. Word through the grape vine is there are 3 "very recently" lost rings at the base of the rock. How's your down time.

Da Sand Crab

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2009
Far, Far Away
h2ojunkie said:
Good luck Alec. Word through the grape vine is there are 3 "very recently" lost rings at the base of the rock. How's your down time.

Howzit going, I will give the rock a run if I'm not beaten to the punch.
I have a 10 foot shaft on my Sand Shark so that helps with the depth. The sand is deep and constantly moving, so heavier stuff sinks pretty quick. Where do you hunt?

OP
OP
U

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Yes Ken and he found two golds and a diamon while I struted out of there with a .0001 gram silver toe ring :tongue3:

By the way where ya been?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice lineup!! Makes of a great day, congrads...........joe