Anaclote Island

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also wanted to head out there and give it a try.....but I was told recently because it is now a state park that metal detecting is not allowed by numerous individuals, one even told me that they would arrest one because it is considered a historic area.

I have sent numerous emails to find out if it is allowed along the water line......nobody has bothered to answer me. If you find out something better keep us updated.

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Lots of boaters tying up there, lots of trash especially in the water, and if that isn't enough, the mosquitoes will eat you up. Detected 3 rooker next door and never had any problems.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gold-digger said:
Lots of boaters tying up there, lots of trash especially in the water, and if that isn't enough, the mosquitoes will eat you up. Detected 3 rooker next door and never had any problems.

I've been talking with a few friends about going out there on the sand bar. Did you have any luck? I can imagine there are a ton of pull tabs and bottle tops but there has to be some good stuff mixed in there. As I've been told before; alcohol, a beach environment, and losing jewelry go together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread