Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been out on the beaches the last 2 or 3 nights, heat was just too much during the day for me.. so last night, Hubby went with me..( yes, I was super shocked ) he used the ace 250, I gave him a 5 min. run down on how to use it.. so off we go, I see him digging..and putting stuff in his pouch, so again I thought ahh good hes finding stuff.. every few minutes, I would glance up and look for him, as I was either in the wet sands or shallow waters, so I see this lady approach him, then I see Bill, going back with the woman, I figured she lost a ring, so I thought let him find it.. will be good for him to do it.. next thing I know is he comes up to me and says, will you come over and help this lady, shes very very upset.. so off I go, she tells me what happened, shes standing by a good sized sand castle n proceeds to tell me that she was taking her tee shirt off to go into the water and she felt her diamond earring come off.. she caught the backing but the diamond went flying..so I tried to find it... no go, I asked her to take the other earring off so I could see if I could set my xcal to pick it up.. NO GO.. we spent two hrs. trying to find that earring.. there was very very little gold on this earring, but the darn diamond was almost 1/2 kt.. still no luck.. I just wish I coulda found it.. I know she was super upset, I looked round for others with detectors..didnt see anyone.. I even wondered if my explorer xs would of found it ( which that machine was at home ..go figure) either way, by now that earring is long gone as the sand castle was right on the edge of the wet sands and high tide will take it all away.. I just felt like I failed, yes, I know the xcal cant pick up something that small..but heck, it sure picks up just as small pcs. of copper.. but it was a no go for her. Her hubby tried to pay us.. but we refused.. it wasnt right to take that anyways. so her hubby said good karma will come our way ( I thought ohhhhh thank GOD I sure can use it..) so thats my one and only recovery that I didnt find.. and yet I still feel like I failed.. even tried just picking up handfulls and checking with my hands.. nothing..still thou, felt good to try..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest: