Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worked that lake again that I have hit twice now with the PI.... It is a very big area..
Found a lot of trash and iron, but not enough to discourage me in the slightest.. Especially those nice shiny SS bolts, nuts, and washers I keep finding... I think whoever builds docks around there must be a fumble-fingers...
Found one area that had quite a few coins, and very deep ones at that.... I was going through anywere from 8 inches of sand to a good 12 inches, and then it was black, sticky, muck... Very hard to clear the scoop when you get that stuff in there..
Found several coins from 1965 to 1972, and many modern clad coins.. Found one area about 10 ft in diameter that I found 3 nickels, 1941 X 2, and one 1940.... That was pretty cool.. They came home really dirty but cleaned up nice (gently cleaned)..
The storms were passing by for the most part, but then the lightning and boomers started getting close... I play it pretty safe around storms, especially with a huge electro-magnetic field all around me in the water..
So I started working my way back at a brisk pace, and then got a nice solid, but faint, beep... I dug about 10 inches down with two scoops, and when I cleared the scoop, this beautiful ring was staring back at me!!!! Although it had dirt and sand in all the holes, I could tell right away that it was a keeper.. Sure enough, when I cleaned it up back at home, it is stamped with a 750!!!!

I was smiling all the way home even though it was howling and raining like there is no tomorrow....
My machine is about half paid off now I think!!
Also adding in a couple of pics of my PI Dual with the straight shaft now on it... It is a looooooong one, but man can I cover some water with it...

HH

Attachments

• 07_23_2010 finds.jpg
    07_23_2010 finds.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 781
  • 07_23_2010 Nickel 2.jpg
    07_23_2010 Nickel 2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 776
  • 07_23_2010 Nickel 1.jpg
    07_23_2010 Nickel 1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 778
  • opal ring 1.jpg
    opal ring 1.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 772
  • opal ring 2.jpg
    opal ring 2.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 777
  • PI Straight shaft 1.jpg
    PI Straight shaft 1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 761
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's really not that bad... YET.... LOL!
I just go nice and slow, and since I am learning the subtle but definitely different sound to the tone, it is still fun...
But I havent been to but one really trashy beach so far, so we'll see..... But I surely do like the depth of this thing... I had worked the hell out of this spot with my Excal, and passed over many of those coins.. I know for sure I did on the 40's nickels, because of the date and how deep they were.. And just to see if it really would look deeper, I purposely have been hitting the stuff I already hit in this area.. Yeah, it passed over all that iron stuff, but it also passed over some old coins..
Gonna take it to the salt for the first time tomorrow, hopefully, I will have more good stuff to post..

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold and opal, a gorgeous combination.

Congrats :icon_thumleft:

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice opal ring...I love opals. Niffler

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job, I love the longer shaft, it does make for more finds...

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Does look like an opal ring! Nice find!

I've never used a PI before, but proofs in your scoop! Looks like it's brinking those good ones in fine.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:
Does look like an opal ring! Nice find!

I've never used a PI before, but proofs in your scoop! Looks like it's brinking those good ones in fine.
But like they say... A LOT of iron... Cant say I wasnt fully warned.
We had to leave a beach yesterday because nails were everywhere.. I even dug up a 2 ft piece of rebar that must have been standing straight up, the signal was not long and sounded short like a coin would...

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SS! Been watching your post with keen interrest. Have Tiger Shark and thinking of trading or selling to get a Sand Shark. Going with Waterfalljay tomorrow and he's bringing his for me to try. I already search in all metal anyway so digging all those targets is routine! I knew it would'nt be long before the gold came up for you! congrats! Detectahead

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PI goes deep, deep , deep which equates to dig, dig, dig. I love the fact that it doesn't miss much. Found some good keepers halfway to China. And congrats on the nice ring. Arty

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
detectahead said:
Hey SS! Been watching your post with keen interrest. Have Tiger Shark and thinking of trading or selling to get a Sand Shark. Going with Waterfalljay tomorrow and he's bringing his for me to try. I already search in all metal anyway so digging all those targets is routine! I knew it would'nt be long before the gold came up for you! congrats! Detectahead
Thanks man, and good luck on the Sand Shark! Make sure to post your finds!

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
artyfacts said:
The PI goes deep, deep , deep which equates to dig, dig, dig. I love the fact that it doesn't miss much. Found some good keepers halfway to China. And congrats on the nice ring. Arty
Tell me about it!!!
I hit that lake again today for about 3 hours... Only found one nickel, but it was a 1940 again, so at least it was old... Only found another quarter and a penny this time, but man was I on the SS hardware! I must have dug $30 worth of the stuff, all like brand new and all of them were very deep... I bet you could about start a sideline selling SS hardware if you were to MD around all the freshwater docks and such. Those guys drop a lot.
I will post a pic of the stuff later, too tired right now.. Snooksion really gave me a workout yesterday.... LOL.. Thanks again for the Kudos guys..

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which PI were you using? Under your profile, you list "Excal II", but that wasn't an Excal in the picture, was it a Whites?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread