Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son calls me from Robert Moses state park and tells me he found washed up in the waves at the ocean beach a Fisher CZ-21 Metal Detector he says it looks new it had no phones and the batteries where dead he don't MD so next time hes out this way he,s going to bring it ,strange someone would lose that :dontknow: maybe i can trace it through the serial numbers . Do drivers use those ? Dd60

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger said:
Maybe it wasn't lost......perhaps it was it was "Buried at Sea"? food for thought....hmmmmm ;D
Are they really that bad ? lol

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the owner got eaten by a Shark.No head phones think about it ,no head, no body Big SHARK !!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
Maybe the owner got eaten by a Shark.No head phones think about it ,no head, no body Big SHARK !!!!!!!!!!
hhmm ? not a pleasant thought last week a few big whites were spotted off NJ and Long Island shores the lifeguards called swimmers out of the water

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:

Or maybe a riptide got a hunter and pulled it out of his hands. Either way if the owner can't be found by the serial numbers it is a simple matter for Fisher to fix the headphones. The CZ-21 is a decent detector so I doubt he threw it away. ???

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very interesting! my imagination is running wild :laughing7: if you cant find the owner ill buy it!!!!

Willee

May 6, 2009
Corpus Christi, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 ... Fisher CZ-70 ... Deus 2 ... Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
seeker41 said:
very interesting! my imagination is running wild :laughing7: if you cant find the owner ill buy it!!!!

Perhaps you should ask the price before committing to buying it.

I am sure Fisher can trace the serial number to the dealer ... and the dealer can tell who purchased it.
Hope it is not as grim as some have speculated ... in which case I would not want that detector even as a gift.

Willee

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May be his wife(girlfriend) gave it a toss off a bridge after cutting the headphones off. :tongue3:

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,
My name is Jr. Dimplemyer Pestmolest-ore , State Overseaer of Crimes Dept.
I must inform your son is in violation of Tampering with Eveedence, leaving the scene of a
Axe-seadent. And can be empreesoned for 15-20 light years. Your son should immediately,
dispose of the Eveedence by shipping it directly to me for safe keeping. By doing so, you
will be granted a pardon from future proseecution.

From what we are told, bystanders saw man and women pull up to waters edge ina SUV
type vecikel. The women walked to the water with the man facing the sunset. Another woman approached from the
backside of the man with a instrument with what looked like a lawntrimmer with a brush cutting blade from the distance.
Bystander was unsure what the instrument could be. As they were frightened by the beep beep sounds coming from it
and quickly left.

So you see, this so called mony mowchine should be sent to me right away.

Thank You
very much
Jr. Dimplemyer Pestmolest-ore

PS
In the event I find this instrument you have in your possession not Eveedence.
It will not be returned to you. We will send you 100 cold MicDonald's Horseburgers
as well as a Horseflyradish for your inconvenience.

====================================
By the way, nice find. Probably the wife did it in, the hubby was spending too
much time detecting with it............. :laughing7:

goldnugget

Nov 3, 2005
East Coast U S A
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab XP-Pro- MinelabExcaliber -Fisher1260 Minelab E-Trac - Minelab Equinox 800
Maybe you can contact a Metal Detecting Club in the area. Who ever lost it may be a member and notify club members it being lost on the beach. Hope the Serial number gets the detector back to the correct person.

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
keep in mind that if the previous owner of the machine bought it used then the serial number search will be useless

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COTTON said:
May be his wife(girlfriend) gave it a toss off a bridge after cutting the headphones off. :tongue3:

Cotton, these are the gals that take the ice cube trays from the freezer when they leave too. Thanks for the laugh.... :laughing7:

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Highly doubt shark attack.... Sharks rarely attack divers, scuba that is.. Most attacks are on the surface, or in waist deep (and shallower) water..
Probably lost it due to a bad current, like others have said.. I lost two spear guns that way, one by being stupid and leaving it on the bottom to retrieve a fish, the other was literally ripped out of my grasp when I suddenly entered a ripping current stream... Never found either one.. If a slim Speargun could be lost that way, just think what a current like that would do with something like the CZ21 and it's profile..

BTW, if you dont register your MD, how would they have the Serial #, but I imagine they have it on an invoice, so then I guess my question should be, WHY do you have to register it if it has in essence, already been registered???

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
BTW, if you dont register your MD, how would they have the Serial #, but I imagine they have it on an invoice, so then I guess my question should be, WHY do you have to register it if it has in essence, already been registered???

The Dealer who sells you the unit has your name but like most merchants, they will not share this info with anyone. The registration allows manufacturers to get your name into their database.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my guess,

Stolen, by a crack addict, could not figure out what it was but the headphones looked good so they yanked them off and threw the detector away. The serial number would have got him in trouble.

My first thought was lost by the user while detecting, with not to good an ending?

Ed D.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picture this: some newbie with more money than sense gets frustrated working in the heat and not finding what he thought he would (buckets of gold) so he chucks the whole thing into the water.

It must have happened before. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions