Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It was a pretty discouraging Sunday Evening hunt at my local ocean beach. I checked the place (from the pier a few hours earlier and there were people galore! Hunted my heart out for 2 hours and finds were so slow .. even the clad count was way down low.

On my way out a young man flags me down. My mom lost her Gold Tiffany bracelet he tells me. I let him lead me back to the blanket line even though the sun is almost set. There I see a distraught woman and three other young men shuffling through the sand searching.

I had the young man outline a circle around the loss area and went to town hunting for a bracelet. No luck. So he directs me closer to the water and I try there. Hmm still no luck.

Then I see the three young men with huge smiles and one of them waving a watch. A watch? I walk over there and one ttells me that there's a ring also. I find the ring after one sweep. It's a Tiffany.

Well the original info was a bit off. It was a Tag Heuer watch (he said $1200) and a Silver Tiffany ring. The lady thanked me heartily but I said I deserved no credit. Her sons found the watch and told me the ring was close by.

Funny thing a half hour earlier I passed that exact spot by about 4 feet...thinking there's NOTHING on this darn beach. Goes to show you.

Photos are from the 'Net.

HH Joe

Attachments

• Tag H Watch.jpg
    Tag H Watch.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 426
  • Tiff Ring.jpg
    Tiff Ring.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread