Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: 18" excellerator on a DFX

Some guys like them but I haven't used one that I thought gave me more real depth. It does cover more ground, but you'd be better off with a BigFoot 3"X18". The excellerator coils in the smaller sizes are ok in a pinch. Do I have one? Not anymore........

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

I have one for my Minelab SE, I liked it because I got a several more inchs coverage and it weigh less then my WOT, I used it in the dry sand one summer. Got the 800 excal, started hunting the wet, found alot more treasure ..parked the SE, and all it's accesories. On land it did very well, in areas of less trash...as far as depth, I can't remember digging anything over 12 inchs with it. I do think if you have a beach where there is a good chance of finding treasure you increase your finds and it should pay for itself in time. I'm not sure if it will do well near the wet, may give you problems due to it's size...falsing? Maybe?......................................I know a few oldtimers who have their Dfx's covered for hunting near the water, wet sand, and do very well with the stock mono coil...Hope this helps................joe

my hunting partner use to call it the steering wheel....

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I didn't care for it at all on my MXT. I hear the 12x18 SEF is much better.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Better off with the WOT or the 12x15, or 15X18 SEF Butterfly coils....I just picked up a 12 x 15 SEF Butterfly coil, I'm going to hard wire it on one of my Excals... ;D

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have my DF for the water, I'm not lookin for really any more depth just more coverage in the fluff, and maybe damp. I just don't feel like I cover much ground with the stock9.5 or the 6x10. I am wondering how close the vdi will be is what concerns me the most, I don't wanna be diggin pull tabs ringing up as a quarter...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread