YOU CAN"T DIG IT IF

XT18000

May 26, 2008
YOU CAN"T DIG IT IF

you can't hear it. There's been a lot of post's lately about Mr. Goldmasters headphones
for the EXCAL. I sent mine in and had them installed on mine and must say they are the
best thing you can do to your EXCAL. next to throwing the old ones in the junk pile!
I shipped mine to him by UPS and after he received themthey was on the way back
within THREE DAYS! It took longer for UPS to get them to him than him to change
them out, also for UPS to get them back to me. I made a trip to the beach as soon as
I could to try them out and here is what I found out about them. When I arrived at
the beach the wind was blowing around 15 mph and the surf was running around
3 to 4 feet. Perfect conditions for my testing. When I put the new phones on my head
at the water's edge the noise from the wind and surf was reduced at least 80 to 90% !
After adjusting the threshold to a low hum I started hunting in the water just knee
deep to start with, then working out until I was right in the zone where the waves
were breaking and slamming into me. Not one time in the 20 to 30 minutes I was in
that zone did I have to readjust them on my head nor did I loose hearing the threshold!
I picked up a few targets that were shallow and then started hunting for just the ones
that would upset the threshold ( small and/or deep ). No I didn't find a nice diamond
ring or any thing else of great value but I did find some coins and junk that fit in
small deep range and if my coil would have passed over a ring of any kind I know I
would have heard it. I am somewhat hard of hearing and need the best phones I can
use to hear deep targets and up to now the phones that came on the EXCAL. fell way
short of doing that. NOT ANY MORE!! These phones are the water proof twin to
" Black Widows " as far as I'm concerned. If you run a EXCAL. you need Mr Goldmaster
to put a set of them on it !!!!!!

Upvote 0

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: YOU CAN"T DIG IT IF

Do Mr Goldwater a favor and give us a link

bootybay