need suggestions on salt water machines

billohio6248

Apr 20, 2008
Cumming Georgia
Good morning fellow detectors,

I am asking for your opinions on the best salt water beach detector you know. I have a Bounty hunter Land Star and whenever I get near the wet sand the machine goes crazy so I need to get a reasonably priced salt water machine. The Landstar has been good to me but it is 12 years old so any suggestions would help. Range is $$00 to 600. Thanks for any help.

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In that price range, save your money until you have more if you plan to buy new.

If you're willing to buy used, most would recommend either the Excal (get the 1000 if you can) or the Beachhunter 300 by White's.

Both have great depth. The Excal can remove iron.

The 300 does signal over iron, but it's lighting system also does a good job warning you that's what it is.

But you can't buy either for $600 new.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't mind digging some hairpins a Pulse like the Sea Hunter II will work fine in the wet salt sand or for when you go into the water, which you will soon enough. Another good one is the Tesoro Sand Shark.

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Hey. Lots of newcomers have asked the same question over and over, so maybe page back a bit and read old posts... *Most* answers are there :wink: Good on ya for stepping it up by getting a better detector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread