davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I 've used this method for the past two years. I'm missing a D clip on the right side at this present moment but it allows me to release the detector without strain on the cable, keep my scoop where it has to be and I can let that fall away but stay attached, and I have a trash pocket on the right, treasure pocket on the left. I use an extra piece of velcro to keep the front of the suspenders together, otherwise the straps slip off of my shoulders and cause problems. Anyway, I thought I'd post this just to see if you other seahunters have a different set up.

Attachments

• Harness2.JPG
    Harness2.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what I did was use a pair of construction suspenders, sewn to a web belt with dental floss (nylon and strong as anything), sewed two velcro patches to the suspenders at a level comfortable to myself and used a larger strip of velcro to go thru the seahunter carrycase attaching to the two sewn patches. I put a few brass grommets in with some D rings to hold my scoop and tector. I extended the rope on the detector handle to allow it to be let go but put no strain on the cable before it came to the end. Did the same with the other side for my scoop.

I started out with an extra strap across the back but it got too tight on me and I cut it off, I use a long strip of velcro to keep the suspenders together in the front which keeps the seahunter from floating up while I'm hunting.

I'll try another pic, but it will be a little while. I got some honey dos that I have to get done first.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hey, Dave, it looks fine to me. If I'm going to hunt for awhile then I also remove the control housing. Most of the time, I prefer to keep the housing on the rod. This way, if I don't get gold, at least I get a workout. For those that have never swung the SeaHunter or Infiinium, it is like swinging a cinder block in the water. It has been the best shoulder workout since my football playing days.

bottomscratcher

Mar 1, 2010
Eastern CT
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers pulse 8 x
I like the concept. If you hunt in the water and step into deep water, can you ditch the gear quickly?
Something to think about.

OP
OP
D

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
squeeze buckle. Here on the west coast of Florida the undersea goes like this. beach slope to water, small trough, small sandbar,deeper trough, nother sandbar, deeper trough, sandbar and then open gulf of Mexico. I only hunt chest to neck deep and the bottom doesn't change drastically in the areas I do hunt.

Good question though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread