Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Glenn-RI

Sep 22, 2005
Cranston
Re: Any Md'ers in Newport, RI?

Hi Sanddigger,

You'll probably get dropped off at Goat Island or someplace right near there not far from the Brick Market Place. The most popular beaches near there are:
Easton's beach (also known as first beach) which is probably 1 to 2 miles away from that area.
Sachuest beach (also known as second beach) which is probably 3 to 4 miles away and is actually in Middletown. The beach season starts on Memorial day weekend and typically ends on Labor Day weekend. The weather is still nice enough to go to the beach in September, but not as many people go after Labor Day weekend. On September 12th, low tide is about 5:14 pm. Newport has been a very busy seaport for hundreds of years and I believe was founded in 1639. So detecting on land is not bad either.

Newport is a beautiful place and there are a lot of nice things to see there.

Glenn

excaldiver

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2010

Funny I should see this post ? Just returned from NP on Fri went to second beach w/ my GF , the place was packed to the gills and the surf was pounding I can only imagine the amount of loot on that beach . had machine w/ me but didn't even take it out, couldn't even swing . I would imagine that sept should be less crowded, lots of area to cover in your short visit good luck :icon_thumleft: Steve

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Went there a few summers ago and found a ton of quarters on the beaches. I wondered why until I went into town. There were parking meters everywhere and they required quarters. Also, I have kicked myself many times for not detecting in town where they were tearing up old, really old, sidewalks. This was in the oldest section and God knows what I would have found. AAAGH!

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread