Underwater Metal Detector, model 3080?? Anyone know who makes this one?

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Found this one on eBay and looked under search and found the following information except who makes it.? Photo looks a little like a Fisher but maybe its a Bounty Hunter.? Anyone know??? ? ???

???? Treasure Hunter Underwater Metal Detector, model 3080 is newest, consumer-oriented, and most powerful underwater metal detector. First appearance on the market! Released in June, 2004!

With this metal detector, using a 10" Search Coil, you can hunt for coins, relics, jewelry, gold, and silver just about anywhere. Search the beaches! Explore the shoreline! You don't have to worry about your detector getting wet anymore. You can go even under the water! Maximum depth is about 33 feet (10 meters).

You'll have a huge advantage before other treasure hunters who just can't enter into the water because they don't have this kind of metal detector! It means less competition for you!

Diving in salt water? No problem! The 3080 metal detector can operate in these conditions too!

Requires 6 AA batteries (not included).

Don't miss this detector! Other brand name underwater metal detectors, like Fisher or MineLab, cost more than a $1000.00! You do the math.

Control Panel Description

Power / Volume Control:
Turns the power on and off. Also controls the target response volume in the headphones. The volume control should be set no louder than comfortable when the search call is passed over a large, close target.

Discrimination Control:
A full range trash rejection control. All types of metal are detected at the zero level and most small pieces of trash are eliminated at the maximum level of ten.

Sensitivity Control / Battery Test:
Checks battery condition and controls the sensitivity to targets. A setting of 10 gives maximum sensitivity and is used for most treasure hunting conditions.

Specifications

Frequency:
VLF Search - 2.4KHz.

Quartz Crystal Controlled Audio Target Response:
400Hz.

Search Mode:
VLF Discrimination, Slow Motion.

Salt Water Operation:
Yes.

Fresh Water Operation:
Yes.

Land Operation:
Yes.

Headset Type:
Electric, custom designed, not interchangeable.

Visual Target Response:
Light Emitting Diode (LED).

Search Coil Type:
10" Spider Coil, not interchangeable.

Search Coil Shielding:
100% E.S.I.

Requires 6 AA Batteries (1.5V) .

Battery Life:
20-40 hours (Carbon Zinc), 50-70 hours (Alkaline).

Length (Collapsed):
33".

Weight (with headset):
5.5 lbs.

Search Coil:
2.7 lbs.

Control Housing:
2.4 lbs.

Upvote 0

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
I wouldn't pay much for it, and I doubt it is really much good. The cheapo makers in China and those other countrys, are sharp and can almost copy anything. So it looks like a Fisher coil, but that is too easy to copy, the box is plastic whatever, the depth rating is odd, the frequency is just common old VLF, and anything else mentioned is not new technology. I would bet it is a China knockoff. They have 20 other models for land already, might as well get the claws to the waterproof line also. I may be wrong, but JMHO.
Ok, I just went to the site and looked again, the seller has several other models also, all are cheapos with the nice features such as led readouts, lots of plastic on arm cuffs etc. I guess if you paid $50 or less, it 'might' be worth it.

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Bottom Line when buying a metal detector, stick with the Brand Names.? I'm sure this will help the 'Newbies' from making a costly mistake.

D

Dirtypaws

Yeah I made the mistake of getting a Radioshack used detector..not bad on clad but not very much depth.....then it just messed up one day...wonder how well it was treated before I got it?

Now it's Tesoro all the way ;D

HH

Dirtypaws

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
I tried Tesore Pirannha and didn't think it was too good. Then went to Pulse Power pulse inductions, Beachscan, Deep Star, Goldquest, now have the Aquastar11, nothing better, but they aren't cheap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread