Exacalibur Depth

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My beer can.I lost last week,4ft deep :tongue3: It was a good target because it was unopened :occasion14:

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deepest good target:

The deepest clad I've recovered was probably down around 10 inches. That's where it was just a slight beep. The deepest ring was down probably around 10 inches.

I did find a 50 caliber round down about 12 inches.

Where did I find them? at the beach :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

joking.....wet sand (at the beach)

OP
OP
Smudge

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
JP said:

The questions does seem a bit redundant, doesn't it? :D

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
JP said:

The questions does seem a bit redundant, doesn't it? :D

9 times out of 10 when I post a question on here and I look at it later I find the same thing. :icon_thumleft:

I hope my answer to depth helped you.

Have a good day.

surfdog

Oct 15, 2003
Great Plaines
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont know if this counts but I regularly dig coins at 18"+ in the wet stuff with my Sovereign. Got a 12" excellerator coil on it. Have used the same setup for 5 years. It is ridiculious how deep. Have a Babbs aluminum scoop I call the backhoe. Its the only way I can recover as the sand caves in too quick with the smaller scoops. Usually three scoops down. lol...
Good hunting
Bill

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
AM/PP..Wet sand, oc Maryland 192?'s silver dollar 18 to 20 inch's?, most of the rings I hit in the wet sand in Oc run around 8 to 12 inch's, 2 scoops with a 6 inch wide by 12 inch long scoop. Did dig a Unitied States Senators Ring, 24 grams 18k in Virginia Beach...3 scoops, at night, maybe 16 inch's would have to be the deepest ring. Have dug things over 20 inch's, most were junk..seems there may have been a few quarters that deep, If I don't have it on video..I forget. Stock 10 in coil..........

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wouldn't want to dig quarters any deeper than what this excal will get them at. Dug to china yesterday, dang beer can about 24 inches down, one heck of a crater when done. Dug a 15gram silver ring, I'd guess 15 inches(pretty good guesser!), kept getting louder and louder, almost called it a can and moved on, got it on the last what-the-heck scoop.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rc2125 said:
Wouldn't want to dig quarters any deeper than what this excal will get them at. Dug to china yesterday, dang beer can about 24 inches down, one heck of a crater when done. Dug a 15gram silver ring, I'd guess 16 inches, kept getting louder and louder, almost called it a can and moved on, got it on the last what-the-heck scoop.

Every so often the same happens to me. Sometimes I keep on digging and out pops something like a $500 waterproof digital camera (one time) but 95% of the time it turns out to be a whole can or the bottom of one >:(

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Every so often the same happens to me. Sometimes I keep on digging and out pops something like a $500 waterproof digital camera (one time) but 95% of the time it turns out to be a whole can or the bottom of one >:(

Oooohh, that would be a cool thing to find at the bottom, as long as your scoop didn't hack into it on the last scoop.
I'd use the camera to take a picture of the hole it was in. ;D
What brand was it?

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SYKO said:

Oooohh, that would be a cool thing to find at the bottom, as long as your scoop didn't hack into it on the last scoop.
I'd use the camera to take a picture of the hole it was in. ;D
What brand was it?

I was in chest deep water, being pelted with waves. The only reason I kept on digging was because I hadn't had any other signal that day.....didn't get another signal after that either.

It was an Olympus http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_section/product.asp?product=1448

Last year they were in the $500 range. The last picture on the camera was dated 5 days before so it had been underwater for 5 days. I can't believe I didn't dent it with the scoop. When I saw it in the scoop I started thinking too bad it will never work. Then I pushed the button and it started. :icon_thumleft:

So sometimes it's worth it to dig the cans....but not always.

I did sell it for $450.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread