Beach Replentishment Pinellas County, FL

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Well guess what last night on the news they started talking about the beaches in Pinellas county that are starting beach replentisment! that's right they are in the process of dredging up sand to redistribute on to our beaches here. :protest: The cost to us taxpayers??? Millions $$$$$$ and they think it's a good thing it helps people in adding additional jobs, more beach for the vacationers to relax and play on, the list goes on and on :mblah05: not to mention that in 10 years or less they will have to do it all again. Unless of course if we get a hurricane or two And you know what that means??? We are not going to be finding those old buried items Grrrrr :BangHead: I guess the only good thing about doing this is the fact the oil spill hasn't reached us here, so the dredged sand should be fairly clean. Just imagine that they will try doing that were the beaches and areas that they will dredge from are already contaminated, all they will be doing is adding additional oil induced sand over the entire beach. :protest: how many different ways can you say yuck stop the madness!

Upvote 0

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw the pipes on treasure island beach the other day. figured it was for renourishment. thing is, t.i. doesn't look like it needs renourishment, s.p. beach has been eroded a bit, but except for the area around johns pass the beach is the same as it's been for the past 20 years.

I'm also under the impression that because the coins and jewelery moves with the tide, some of it should come back on the dredged material.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You gotta think positive! Maybe that dredged sand is from an early Spanish shipwreck! Might be a few goodies coming soon to a beach near you.

socom

Aug 3, 2010
Detector(s) used
Ptr-91,SocomII,MIAI,Ruger#1,Excal,CZ-21,Sandshark,X-5,X-2,Sov,MXT,6000Di,ToltecII,etc
They do it every couple years over here in Palm Bch Co.It stinks and its a waste,but they cant wait for mother nature
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread