Got up early and went to the swimming pond.

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, everybody. I haven't posted in the water section before, but here goes. I got up early and went detecting in a local swimming pond. The first area I went had nothing but fishing sinkers, with a river rock/cobble bottom = Hard scooping. I moved over to a more sandy area and started getting quarters immediately. After 2 hours I was cold (Waders were leaking) and my hands were numb. Totals were 7 quarters, 2 nickels, 1 dime, and seven pennies. All of the jewelry was junk, 2 rings, and 2 earrings. I think the gold is beyond reach of the 8" coil on my Tiger Shark. I hope I get the 10.5" coil I ordered before the weather turns too cold. Good luck and HH. Niffler

Attachments

• P8050145.JPG
    P8050145.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 493
  • P8050146.JPG
    P8050146.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 487
Upvote 0

fathead

Dec 19, 2009
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Nice work! That blackish earing looks like it could be tarnished silver. Check for a mark. Good luck with the larger coil.

-Fathead

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did a lot if scooping. Wtg hope your bigger coil get there on....Matt

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a not bad hunt at all..especially for your first water hunt

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did well for your first water hunt with the Tiger. I have filled my waders more than once in the spring and it isn't fun to come ashore to empty them out. :help:

You might find with the larger coil that you'd have to readjust the sensitivity control inside. I always have to do this when I change coils so now I just leave on the larger one.

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Good on ya for posting :icon_thumleft: You always see the nice finds here an seldom the trash. It takes serious work to produce the goods ('real' goods :laughing7: ) and we all had to start somewhere hey! HH;)

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a wonder bar (pry bar) to recover finds in the rocky bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread