Treasure Beaches ARE CLOSED!!!

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
5th October 2004: Drove to Fort Pierce down to John Book Park. Gates are closed, drove a 1/2 mile further south and found Douglas Park open. Got to hunt there for about 3.5 hours finding a lot of junk and a modern nickle. I hear a whistle and look up to see a deputy sheriff walking toward me. He politely tells me that the beach is closed. I inquuire of other beaches and he tells me ALL St. Lucie County beaches are closed. I drive away and head for Indian River county beaches and find all of them closed, gates locked. I drive up to Bonn Steele in Brevard county where 1/2 and 1 Reale's are being dug and find the gate closed and locked. Only beaches open are Melbourne's Spessard Holland North and Indianlantic where there isn't any 1715 ships offshore.

Photo 1: Spessard Holland north beach view; photo 2: Douglas Park north beach view; photo 3: Indianlantic north beach view.

Deputy said beaches may be closed a few days or a few weeks. Be sure to call the Sheriff for those counties about the closure of the beaches so you don't make a 130 mile drive for nothing, like I did. I'd appreciate it if someone makes a notification on this site when the beaches have reopened. I'd like to go back and try again.

If you have never been to a War Zone, drive down SR A1A and US 1, those residents got hammered by those hurricanes. Boats didn't fare too well to as photo 4 shows.

Good luck to all.

Upvote 0

Harley

Oct 5, 2004
Palm Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280X,Fisher F-2, Minelab Safari
I'm wondering if the State of confusion, I mean Flori-Dah is taking all the gold and silver coins ?????? It would not suprise me one bit.

cpt_peewee

Jan 22, 2004
LA (Lower Arkansas)
This kind of stinks. For years I have wanted to detect the treasure coast and now I finally get to go and it ain't there.? :-\ (I have to sign up vacations 1 yearin advance)
On a lighter note: My wife expressed safety concerns about being parked in a campground in Orlando on Halloween night. I told her not to worry about it. Worry, about election night instead, that's when the real freaks will come out.
HH
Cpt PeeWee
From Arkansas (Land of the 106% Voter turnout)

T

Timmy

Did you see rivercatguy's post in "Are the Florida east coast beaches open?" forum? He says Bonsteel Park is accessible. What days are you going? I'll be there the 21,22,23.

T

Timmy

Well people, this is the last chance I'll have to post before I leave for Jacksonville on Sunday. I'll be on the treasure coast Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Wish me luck. If you don't hear from me come the following Monday, you'll know I'm sitting in a Indian River Country jail cell.;D
Asta,
Tim
Indiana

G

goldy

cpt_peewee said:
Thanks Tim.
Good Luck and watch out for predators, both official and unofficial. ;)
HH
PW
we took a ride to vero from st. pete yesterday,we saw alot of people with detectors crossing the dunes just south of SI, we went down to the seagrape access, gates were locked but no signs saying keep out or anything? anyway we hit the beach, looked for about 4-5 hours, lots of nails and junk, we did not find any coins or anything, we had the entire beach to ourselves all afternoon? guess i need some pointers or luck or both! anyway the wife and i had a great walk on the beach,hope everything works out for those folks over there ,they really got hit hard by storms.

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Just returned from trip up A1A from Stuart to Ft. Pierce this afternoon (Sunday)...many beach accesses open, no closed signs seen. Went to beach just north of nuke plant..lotsa degradation of shoreline, erosion thru dune line. Am new to this site, am interested in acquiring salt compatible detector($500-600), will trade suggestions/tips for beach reports......

Bill

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hello Bill,

Welcome to the forum. I sent you an email about a salt compatible machine, but it came back from your spam blocker. Email me at [email protected] if you're interested.

Take care - Darren

PCSOF8

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2004
HARAHAN, LA.
Detector(s) used
MINELAB
Primary Interest:
HEY YOU GUYS,
GREAT SITE FOR BEACH HUNTING INFO. I'VE BEEN GOING TO THE WABASSO ARE FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW, NO BIG FINDS BUT I STILL LOVE THE THRILL OF THE HUNT. IF ANY ONE HAS ANY INFO ON BEACH OPENINGS DROP ME BACK A LINE I'D APPRECIATE THE INFO.
GOOD HUNTING
PCSOF8

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Douglas beach parking is closed, but all "beaches" are open, and many other parking/access areas are starting to open. Don't believe cops are running anyone off unless ya park in a no parking or closed area.

PCSOF8

Tenderfoot
Oct 16, 2004
HARAHAN, LA.
Detector(s) used
MINELAB
Primary Interest:
DOES ANY ONE KNOW IF ANY HITS WERE MADE BEHIND THE CARROLTON CONDOS @ CORRIGANS? I THINK THAT'S WHERE SOME COINS WERE FOUND IN 1985 AFTER A REALLY GOOD BEACH CUT CAME THROUGH WERE THE OLD BEACH SERVICE ROAD USE TO BE. I DUG UP A REALLY DOGGED OUT 4 REAL 2 YEARS AGO @ THE BASE OF THE BURM BUT REALLY NEVER GOT ANY OTHER HITS EXCEPT THAT LONG METAL BEAM THAT'S BURRIED ABOUT 150 FEET NORTH OF WERE THE OLD BEACH ACESS ROAD WAS.

PCSOF8

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread