Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Surfdigger

Jan 4, 2008
South Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Minelab excalibur, Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ-6a
Ace Hardware.....Loews....Home Depot....radio shack....make sure you ask for Silicone Dielectric grease....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger said:
Ace Hardware.....Loews....Home Depot....radio shack....make sure you ask for Silicone Dielectric grease....

Surfdigger is correct. I find it in Home Depot in the plumming section.....

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks guys I got a Rat shack down the road have to hit it first an see what they say :icon_thumleft:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found it at all of those stores already mentioned, PLUS you can find it at NAPA. It's comes in small tubes and is designed to waterproof automobile electrical plugs such as trailer connectors and such on boat trailers so they don't short out when backed into the water. The stuff I've used is white in color and called Dialectic Grease.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Di electric grease is not the same as silicone grease.. The elec. grease is to keep corrosion from happening with 2 dissimilar metals... Silicone is kinda clear/milky. Hit up a pool store, but it does come in different colors there. Last on I got was kinda green.

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
I tried all of the above here in the U.P. of michigan no such luck. I had to order it from www.123scuba.com it's the same stuff that you put on the threads of a scuba tank. If the modes delet the address pm me and I'll give it to ya.
HH-drewan

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need this:
304-DEFAULT-m.jpg

Check this out:
http://www.diversdirect.com/scuba-diving/large-silicone-grease-one-and-a-half-oz/

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surfdigger said:
"Di Electric"??? For a gasket?? I have that stuff, but was afraid it could cause a short... I use it on my electric trolling motor plug.
Is that what I should use on my Excal battery connector (when I get it back from ML)?

WishfulThinker

Jan 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other Useless Info. Dept. --- many moons ago doctors would inject silicone grease as cheapo substitute for breast implant surgery (many old stories on 60 Minutes, etc.) The grease form was almost pulled off the market; silicone oil is widely available since it is used as fuser oil in copiers. That is the lubricant smeared on the heated fuser roller that bonds the toner to the paper in the copy process.

It should be non-conductive and forms a water resistant barrier. Liquid silicone spray is also available in spray cans, and is the most widely used form for electronics and automotive applications. Last resort as lubricant to stop squeaking and screeching as parts move (in case WD-40 does not work or would produce odor).

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this is what I have been using for almost 4 years, sold at Home Depot in the plumbing department....

SiliconeGrease.jpg

I use to play fooseball semi professionally, played in hundreds of cash tournments. I bought a quart bottle of pure silicone, and carried a small bottle of it with me at all times when playing to grease up the rods....WD 40 would gum the rods up after a few minutes, pure silicone would make them slicker then cow sno-t for hours...... ;D

OP
OP
Tank69

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Everyone , I hit our 2 local dive shops LOL ( sorry still amazed we have 2 dive shops in the middle of a desert where theres barely any water ........but have no 4x4 shops where everyone has a 4x4 lol ) first one was out but the other had a couple of the small tubes so I picked one up thanks guys :icon_thumleft:

When I got the StingRay I tried it out in the pool an got a small leak , After finding the leak I let it sit turned off for 3 days an dried it out completely an now it works fine, I took Q-Tips an cleaned out all the old grease that I noticed did have some small sand bits in it, re greased it put it together an it works fine .

Now all I need is to find anyone who has ever run a StingRay to answer a few questions an hopefully be in the water pretty soon . :icon_thumleft:

Once again thanks to everyone :icon_thumleft: Tank

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seein as how fat floats. You might want to go back to that dive shop and get a set of weights. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
Sorry couldn't help myself bro. :tongue3:
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions