Find this $9000 ring Cape Cod

Bobbie

Nov 7, 2005
Connecticut and SW Florida
Detector(s) used
2 Minelab Excal 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It fell between the rocks on a jetty..........so the groom says..........the 2 of them were laughing and said his mother insured the ring the day before. Sounds like a scam to me with the jeweler involved cuz the insurance company will want the reciept..........no reciept.........no check!

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
:dontknow: but sounds like a scam 2 me

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
My first thought was scam..... So why couldn't they find it with a detector if they just dropped it into the rocks? However, my wife reminded me that most jetties are made of granite rock which can signal a detector (hot rock). So perhaps a detector was useless in finding the ring in the rocks. We have some rock jetties here at the beach and the higher ones are very open, not filled with sand. A ring dropped into them would disappear into the abyss. It would take a lot of rock moving to get to the bottom of the pile. I am surprised that the insurance company would not get the necessary equipment and permission to move some rocks to get to the bottom and find the ring. I know I would if it was my ring.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But though there was no diamond, there was a silver lining: Unbeknownst to Cawley, just three days before the ill-fated proposal, his mother had had the ring insured. “I swore my mom knew,” Cawley told TODAYshow.com. “She insured the ring knowing something could happen. These things only happen to me.”

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I would get a rope with a magnet and see what I could find. :icon_scratch: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread