Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very Kool Video, I like it...........Couple Question... How deep were you? What's your cam setup? And one last question, how did you get a video past 10 minutes on youtube? Anyway, Keep up the vid's, Enjoyed!........joe

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing about the Seahunter is you never know if it's an inch deep or a foot deep. But whatever, it never falses. There is always something there. I had one and used it for fresh water for a while. I competed in club hunts with mine several times and I hit targets that other detectors didn't even know was there. Since club hunts were planted it didn't work very well because I was getting too many signals not related to the hunt. Monty

OP
OP
Captain Loosechange

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Very Kool Video, I like it...........Couple Question... How deep were you? What's your cam setup? And one last question, how did you get a video past 10 minutes on youtube? Anyway, Keep up the vid's, Enjoyed!........joe
I was mostly 5-6 feet deep in marked off swim area, mostly the areas that you couldn't get to wading. I was using a Liquidimage Cameramask. It is built into the scuba mask and is very cool, it takes still pictures and video and costs around 150 dollars, this was the first time I've used it and it is great. I only had a 4gb microsd card in it and the video lasted 51 minutes, not captured on video was a stainless steel ring and several other coins and earrings. I put a section of the video I had that had several finds close together, they were a canadian penny and a Martin Van Buren dollar coin and some earrings. I had never put anything on Youtube and when I registered it said no longer than 15 minutes so I don't know if something may have changed. Learned alot with this one and next video I will stop and restart the video every 15 minutes so that I can put different sections with the best finds up. Thanks for the nice comments and keep looking for more, I hope to go again next Thursday and Friday.
Monty said:
One thing about the Seahunter is you never know if it's an inch deep or a foot deep. But whatever, it never falses. There is always something there. I had one and used it for fresh water for a while. I competed in club hunts with mine several times and I hit targets that other detectors didn't even know was there. Since club hunts were planted it didn't work very well because I was getting too many signals not related to the hunt. Monty
Yea I've had the SeaHunter for a couple of years and an Excalibur also so never really gave the SeaHunter a fair shake due to the inability to discriminate iron. However for the swim area I thought the SeaHunter would be ok and it was awesome. I found a couple of little round pieces of something that were no bigger than a pea in diameter and about a foot down. It is sensitive so I hope to find some chains with it. Thanks for looking and I hope to put up more soon.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used both the Seahunter II and the Excalibur while diving. The Seahunter seemed to be the better of the two. The Excalibur seems to work fine if you use it in pinpoint mode while under water. At least that is my experience with them.

Cool video. It got me all worked up to where now I will probably go tomorrow.

Post some more soon.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the video. You would save your fingers by using gloves because of broken glass. I also used a Garrett gold classifier pan to push into the bottom for sifting. This saved a lot of air. Teather it to you because I forgot and let go of it when I was about 20 foot down and it floated to the surface.

Makes me want to dive again.... :thumbsup:

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread