Minelab Excal Parts

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Anybody know where to get the "O" rings and seals for the Excal.I called Minelab
yesterday and asked about the parts.I got a call back today,and was told they will
not sell parts to anybody.I don't consider seals "parts" in the strictest sense.Anyone
know where to get the "O" rings,strain relief and seal,for the battery and detector?
I was told that if I sent it in it would be a few weeks before they looked at it.I
can have it apart,new seals,and re-assembled in so many minutes-I just need the
parts.I wish someone would make after-market parts for them-like front and back
ends,and stock seals from Ikelite,etc..HH Joe

Upvote 0

sjarchangel

Sep 13, 2008
Delaware
Detector(s) used
V3i, ETrac, Excal II, Shadow X2, Tesoro Silver Max, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google "o ring seals" . . .

:-)

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
JoeSWFla said:
Anybody know where to get the "O" rings and seals for the Excal.I called Minelab
yesterday and asked about the parts.I got a call back today,and was told they will
not sell parts to anybody.I don't consider seals "parts" in the strictest sense.Anyone
know where to get the "O" rings,strain relief and seal,for the battery and detector?
I was told that if I sent it in it would be a few weeks before they looked at it.I
Boy, only a few weeks till they looked at it-I would jump on that deal. Mine has been sitting there in the box since July 2nd >:(

Water Gal Pal

Aug 26, 2008
Joe,

If you need the seal that is on the connector to the battery you can take that seal off of the adaptor and use that one. You don't actually need the one on the battery adaptor to charge.

Wanda
[email protected]
800-327-9697x134

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
JoeSWFla said:

Welcome to the world of minelab service.
What a bunch of losers whites would ship you one for free in a second.
I love my excal but I do not think I will by another minelab until they make some big
Changes.

Jason

OP
OP
J

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
Thanks for the replies.I will probably have to go online for a match to the
"O" rings.Just wish someone with the know-how would start producing
after market parts-end caps with cables seals,etc. HH Joe

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
JoeSWFla said:

Ace hardware or any local hardware sells a make your own gasket pack. Its usually a 3 pack of 1-rubber, cork,and cardboard. The rubber works great if not better than the original. Just trace the circle, and drill 3 small holes.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would never buy a minelab.They have very poor customer support.They dont sell any parts.Want you to send in the unit just to replace the headphone plug that they made which goes bad because of cable stress.I sent the headphone plug in for a friend over a month ago,its a potted piece in plexiglass,they told me they grind out the potting and replace the electronics and cord,yeah right,that plug cost them about $1.00.You dont grind out potting material without destroying the plexiglass.The cord another $1.00.The cost to repair they told me is $100.00 a total ripoff.

Hangingfor8

Dec 16, 2007
New Smyrna Beach, Florida 32168
Detector(s) used
Minelab and Aquapulse
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have found that you can mix and match alot of the seals and o-rings on the minelabs at the local auto parts houses or hardware store. Most of the repairs including the ear phones are easily done and really don't need to be sent off. Mine's out of warranty so i do it all myself.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If minlab hadnt encased the electronics for the headphone in potting material,i could have just cut the cord where its bad and solder it back to the board.Theres no reason why they potted the board for the headphones.If they case floods the MD is pretty much just scrap,so all you got left is worthless headphones.

No user serviceable parts inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions