Good day today... Not a lot of targets, but it only takes one...

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I had to drive over to Bradenton to have the appraisal done, of course I had to hit the beach while there... Started off with my Excal, but after 2 hours and only 1 target found (very shallow dime), I was starting to think that the repair wasnt good... So I hit the dry sand and found a few bottle caps in short order.. None real deep, but deep enough to tell me the Excal was at least working... So then I figured that although the sand was hard-packed, maybe the targets were too deep... I went back to the truck and grabbed my PI Dual... Started finding targets right away, and they were all pretty deep... Dime at a foot, penny at 10 inches, etc... Got a good solid tone, and dug down a good 15" or so, and came up with a medallion of some sort, I cant figure out what it is supposed to be, on a cheap ball chain... It may be silver, I have yet to look at it under a loop... Another 30 min passed and hit another solid tone.. Really weird ring, possibly silver also.. Never seen a ring like that before... Spent another couple hours with very few targets, a couple more dimes and pennies, fishing weights, etc...
So I ran down to another beach a short distance from this one... Same thing, pretty sanded in, but within probably an hour tops, hit this baby.... Stamped 14k and has what looks like an Emerald surrounded by diamond chips... It is really nice, I think it will clean up well too.... It was a good foot down also.. Very faint signal for the first 2 scoops, then loud... Man, they sure look nice in the scoop...

Great day, conditions really couldnt have been better.... Even had a huge Manatee swim right by me like I wasnt even there... They are sure strange looking critters...

HH all, and have a safe weekend!

Attachments

• 08_20_10 finds 2.jpg
    08_20_10 finds 2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 453
  • 08_20_10 finds.jpg
    08_20_10 finds.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 08_20_10 ring 2.jpg
    08_20_10 ring 2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 453
  • 08_20_10 ring 1.jpg
    08_20_10 ring 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 08_20_10 ring 1b.jpg
    08_20_10 ring 1b.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0
D

digum smacks

wtg did beter than me i found 1 dime 1 penny and 1 bottlecap

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I hunted AMI all week and hardly got a blip in the water!! That ring is a beauty, wish I had found it!!! lol I had the manatee swimming by me one morning too. awesome sight. congrats!

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion2 said:
wtg did beter than me i found 1 dime 1 penny and 1 bottlecap
LOL.... That's because you didnt have me with you... If you had, your finds would have been mine, and my finds would have been yours (plus one or two more probably)...
You need to buy a few lotto tickets the next time you and I go hunting together... Tomorrow... I would like to have this one appraised, but not sure I want to drop another $65 to have it done... Probably sell it on ePay..

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Time to change your name to "Gold Surfer"

Man you are scoring some fantastic rings!!!

I sure hope to find a gold ring this weekend! It's been a few weeks for me since my last gold, and it feels like years!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats one pretty ring ya got.. would loe to know if its a real emerald.. either way, awesome find.. congrats to ya.. :thumbsup:

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
That's one really nice ring Silver Surfer! The stone looks almost too dark to be a natural emerald, but I hope it is!

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cntrydncr1 said:
I hunted AMI all week and hardly got a blip in the water!! That ring is a beauty, wish I had found it!!! lol I had the manatee swimming by me one morning too. awesome sight. congrats!
Me too! Right there at Holmes Beach... Big old thing.. Swam within 5 ft of me and didnt even act like I was there....
I tell you one thing Deb, either those Bradenton people are unlike the norm of today, or that beach is really sanded in bad... There was just nothing there, no junk hardly at all, and I found none with the Exal... Funny thing though, I assumed that sanded in areas (at least sanded in in the last few months) were like 2-3 ft of "fluffy" sand, you know, too easy to dig?
That stuff at AMI was hard as nails, and a lot of shell mixed in too... It's gonna take one hell of a surge to move that concrete, if it is sanded in..
The ring was just luck, plain and simple... I am posting later tonite about my trip today with HockeyFan and Snooksion... Finderzz can call me FOS as much as he wants, but when you hear the story of how Mark bagged a ring, you would be crazy to say it was not shear luck...

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bootybay said:
Thats one pretty ring ya got.. would loe to know if its a real emerald.. either way, awesome find.. congrats to ya.. :thumbsup:
I dont think I am going to pay the Gemologist $65 to appraise it, but I plan on taking it to the old fellow here in town.. He has been a jeweler for 40+ yrs and seems to really know his stuff... His "guestimate" on what it sold for new was $1400-1600, so he was about right on...
I'll be sure to let you know what he says about it..

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
time4me said:
Time to change your name to "Gold Surfer"

Man you are scoring some fantastic rings!!!

I sure hope to find a gold ring this weekend! It's been a few weeks for me since my last gold, and it feels like years!
Only when I dont go with Snooksion.... LOL!
The very first time I went with him, I found that huge 14k bracelet, today was the 8th time we have hunted together and I havent found even one ring while hunting with him... In fact, besides that bracelet (melt was over $600), I havent found one thing of worth while hunting with him, except for a "King Baby" .925 dog tag star of david pendant, and melt on it was nil.. So I put it on ebay and got $82 for it!! Other than that, my trips with him have been skunkeroonies... Not for him though. He has found gold 4 times while hunting with me.. Last time, he found that honkin 18k band, and then that $2500 bracelet the same day... I came home with a couple bucks in clad (hell, it may have even been less)... Today I got zip again, except for another dog tag style pendant, but this time stamped "Stainless Steel".. Shiny and heavy as heck, even engraved... Now who the heck gives stainless jewelry as a gift??? I guess maybe poor people would have to, but man, even 14k plated stuff is pretty cheap...
Post later tonite with pictures of Dave and Mark in action.. And Marks handful of gold... )%%#U#@ ... Wait till you hear that story, I am still SO MIFFED!!! LOL..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread