super tune bhid 300

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Super tune is a myth

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried it, what was posted a while back and to be honest I couldn't see any different.

I also contacted the head tech that I talk to at Whites once in a while and showed him the post and he said that it wasn't true that it wouldn't make a difference. I wont say it will or wont if you want to try it and think it works for you go for it I tried it and felt it didnt work......

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok so it may or may not work. Anybody have any tips on the BHID they would like to share? I am currently using one as my Excalibur gets fixed. Use it about 40 hrs now and I am doing pretty well.
But season veterans help always appreciated.
This is what I have learned from my use. I never could ground balance any detector??? You have to swing slower or you'll miss targets. In Discriminate if you don't go over a target you won't hear it. Let me clarify, when in all metal if you sweep near a target you'll get noise change in threshold/background sound. In Discriminate you will not get any tone unless you get most of the coil over the target. I know most of my problem is from going too fast but that's how I hunt with the Excal. If you get anywhere near a target the Excal changes tone tell me to slow down. Once I get a signal with the BHID I slow and find a bunch more in the same vicinity. Also I must note if you hunt slower it does seem to get deep on coins! Still like to hear from some others.

OP
OP
E

excal/pirate

Jan 28, 2009
Buried Crap NJ said:
Ok so it may or may not work. Anybody have any tips on the BHID they would like to share? I am currently using one as my Excalibur gets fixed. Use it about 40 hrs now and I am doing pretty well.
But season veterans help always appreciated.
This is what I have learned from my use. I never could ground balance any detector??? You have to swing slower or you'll miss targets. In Discriminate if you don't go over a target you won't hear it. Let me clarify, when in all metal if you sweep near a target you'll get noise change in threshold/background sound. In Discriminate you will not get any tone unless you get most of the coil over the target. I know most of my problem is from going too fast but that's how I hunt with the Excal. If you get anywhere near a target the Excal changes tone tell me to slow down. Once I get a signal with the BHID I slow and find a bunch more in the same vicinity. Also I must note if you hunt slower it does seem to get deep on coins! Still like to hear from some others.
i w1) Turn on the BHID & go through the normal set up ( steps 2 thru 4)

(2) Set Sens. to pre-set with mode switch in disc mode.

(3) Turn threshold controlto faint threshold.

(4) Set mode switch to all-metal mode & ground balance machine normally.

(5) After ground balancing& while still in all metal, turn the sens. to MAX. The threshold will change to a high shrill.

(6) Hit thr reset to return to a normal threshold.

(7) Return to all-metal mode & re - do the ground balance. There will be a narrower window within which to balance at this time.

( Leave the mode switch in all metal mode & begin hunting. There will be a marked improvement in depth.

(9) Note: There will no longer be tone identification between the targets. However, the target identification lights will still be accurate.

was able to find this but doesnt seem to work

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks I will give it a try next time out. steve

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This super tune on the BHID is a myth. I didn't notice any difference either except wasting more time playing with knobs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread