Struck out again

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning I thought I would get rained on good. The news said 80% rain off and on all day. It was overcast when I started out but I figured that I was going to be wet anyway so as long as there was no thunder and lightening I was good to go. Sooooo off I went. When I got there the day was beautiful. Blue sky and lots of sun. It was just georgous out!

About 2 hours into my hunt a lady yelled at me and I went over to see what she wanted. She wanted to know if that thing (my detector) could find silver. I said yes. It seems that she lost her silver cross with stones all around it. She said she had the chained pinned to her shirt so she wouldn't lose it. The chain was still on her shirt but the cross was missing. She didn't say what the stones were and I didn't ask. Stupid me. Anyway she said she had lost it the day before, right about where I was hunting. I told her to leave her name and number on my car and if I found it I would call her. I had already hunted that whole area where she said she was but after she left I went over it a couple more times very slowly and carefully. I never found it. BUMMER! Either she did not lose it where she said or.... she was out much deeper than I can go. It was low tide so I was pretty far out and up to my neck but like I said... I did not find it. I still have her name and number and I will look again next time I go there but I'm not holding out much hope. I never find specific things when someone asks me to look. I take that back - I did once. So I struck out this morning but I did manage to find $1.86 in change. Nothing else but junk. No jewelry at all today. Still, $1.86 is not bad and I'm happy.

082310.jpg

I hope your day is as good or better. Happy hunting to all of you. :wink:

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
oh mumzie im sorry u didnt find the bejeweled cross. ur patient attitude is

a reminder to me to be happy with my finds whatever. i found 4 junk jewelry

and was upset that no precious metals were found. but i enjoyed the day

anyway. the sparkles off the water are beautiful in themselves. but i had to

remind myself to be happy..and my green junk ring looks better cleaned.

if u need help hold off a few months and i will come down and show you

how its done. HA JUST KIDDING.

actually i always come down the west coat to NPR so PM me if u want

to get together w/ me and diane.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sad to hear you couldn't help that woman, but you tried.

I was looking forward to a weekend of metal detecting myself. But Friday night I bent down to pick something up and I heard this loud pop in my back. Long story short, I spent most of my weekend flat on my back popping muscle relaxers and sleeping cause I couldn't move.

Hoping to be well enough to hit the beaches this weekend. I'm going through some serious withdrawls. :-\

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
Point of interest mumzie, what type of clothing do you wear if you are detecting in the water?

U.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Unicorn said:
Point of interest mumzie, what type of clothing do you wear if you are detecting in the water?

U.

I am a real style queen in the water and out too.

100_0038a.jpg
::)

And now I'm even better! My zippers went out in my dive boots. I took them to two boot repair shops and neither one would put new zippers in for me soooooo my husband put some grommets in them and I put some thin rope in them to tie them together. Not exactly pretty but it works until I can afford to buy some new boots. The seams are starting to come apart too so we put some cement glue on them but that didn't work. They still gap a little. Oh well - like I said - it works. Not pretty but it works. :wink:

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mums, i had the sames kinda day today - but i have hope also.......

:wink:

omg

Attachments

• 823NUT.jpg
    823NUT.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 219
  • 823R.jpg
    823R.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 823RLADY.jpg
    823RLADY.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 212