New Excalibur Service/Repair Update

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Finally talked to the PR (Service Manager) man Bottom line after he got through trying to explain all their transition problems and how hard they were trying to get their act together I told him that my B.S. meter was as far into the red as it would go and all I wanted to hear is when someone was going to open the box and look at the detector that had been there for almost 2 months.He said they only had it from the 16th but I told him that I was told to send it to Vegas and they received it there on 7/2 and had proof -SO 2 weeks sitting in Vegas before it gets to ILL (they are really trying huh?) He could not give me an answer-they have 2 tech's fixing them. Said not many excals break-I told him I am not new kid on block and I know better. Also told him how Minelab was scamming the majority of hunters with their 1 year warranty with the long repair time. Unless you live in FL and can hunt year around if your machine breaks and you live up north by the time you send it in and get it back the season is over and you never get to hunt it till the end of the warranty period-if it isn’t fixed correctly YOU ARE SCREWED Just read the forums and u will C that there is not one good word about your service. I told him that I had 2 40K diesel trucks and if the dealer said I had to wait two months for service I would tell him to stick it, go somewhere else and NEVER Buy another truck from them. Also said that I had 5 minelabs and when they finally bite the dust I would NEVER buy another
Told him about problems with Infinium and how Garrett sent me 4 new machines with 2 week turnaround till they got it right
Said he would get back to me-RIGHT! >:(

Upvote 0

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an email from Minelab "introducing a quick and easy new way to reach us - Customer Care Team Number 1-877-SOS-MLAB". Hopefully this is their way of acknowledging that they have had customer service issues but are willing to work hard to regain our trust.

I am actually going to give them a call because my Excal does not seem to be as stable as it should on some beaches here in Florida, producing false signals while in the water even on the lowest sensitivity level (with and without a coil cover).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread