Hope the weather helps... Hunt yesterday not productive at all..

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, the boat and beach forecast is calling for some pretty good surf on both sides for about the next 5 or more days.. I hope it helps move around some sand because I really believe that the areas where there is less than 2 ft of sand over it are about worked over..
Last two trips for me I saw so many holes that a gopher would be envious.. It has to be from MD'ers...
Yesterdays day of hunting was a long one, and covered a LOT of ground... Found maybe $2 in clad, 3 matchbox cars, a really black/crusty earring that looks really old, not sure how to remove the black stuff without breaking the earring.. Probably silver..
About 3 hrs into the hunt I broke my scoop handle, so I wasnt able to cover gound as quickly as ususal due to having to stoop way over (handle left is only about 30" long), and with my back problems, stooping must be done very slowly and methodically..
Saw two other water hunters, not sure how the guy with the Aquasound did, but the guy with the Fisher wasnt having much luck..

It was a beautiful day, but I have never seen so much grass washed up on shore. And the usually crystal clear water was nearly chocolate milk, like hunting at Ft. Myers.. Bad vis...

Anyway, no pictures (yet), not sure if I should bother even posting any since I didnt even get any confirmed or nice silver..

Keep fingers crossed, the rough forecast might just be what we have needed..

Upvote 0

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
It was a beautiful day, but I have never seen so much grass washed up on shore. And the usually crystal clear water was nearly chocolate milk, like hunting at Ft. Myers.. Bad vis...

yeah, its bad down here too. I was at The beach the other day and it was the same way. big waves, seeweed everywhere, and it washed away half the beach!! I didnt find anything though!!!!!

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with ya on moving some sand.... not many hunters where I go, and still can't find anything... I did mark some poles with a lumber crayon to see just how much is gone when I head back over in a few days... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.S.Tupperware said:
I'm with ya on moving some sand.... not many hunters where I go, and still can't find anything... I did mark some poles with a lumber crayon to see just how much is gone when I head back over in a few days... :thumbsup:
Let me know what you find out... Weather channel says the whole east side is experiencing severe rip currents... Not sure if they are exaggerating or not (they tend to do that)... But rip currents are what we need to move major sand..

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Current is movin quick to the N, and the surf is pounding... :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread