apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post much as I am not near any beach. Hope to retire to Galveston.

Last month Mr. Apush & I vacationed at Galveston. I am a green-horn novice with an Ace 250 I got from my husband for Christmas. Have found lots of clad, but no biggy items as of yet.

We live outside Dallas and decided we needed a beach vacation. I get up early on our vacation one morning around 7:00AM and hit the beach. Read so many posts that it was wise to get there before all the people commence to hit the beach. I know my detector is not beach-worthy, but I stayed in the dry sand.

As I was detecting along the beach, a lady in a semi-habit with her pants rolled up approached me. She was holding a Rosery. She asked me if I was "cleaning the beach." LOL. I told her what I was doing with detector in hand. She had never seen one before. She was from overseas and was in Galveston visiting a Convent for vacation.

Sister Mary blessed me (I kid you not!). :icon_sunny: Within an hour, I had found over $6.00 in clad--no gold, no silver, but I did feel blessed. I usually hit tot-lots, so this was a good find for me. So, Sister Mary, If you read this I enjoyed my vacation, . . , and I hope you did too.

apush :read2:

Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Hummmmm. I wonder if the blessing passed to the rest of us on T-net. I found a simple Gold Filled cross in the weee hours this morning trying to catch some Gold from Daniel's rougher than normal surf. Only found $0.53 in change and a SS ID bracelet to go along with the cross. I felt blessed, but the pickings were slim. Seems the rougher water pulled some of the sand off the top of the beach and deposited it into the valley, flattening the whole beach out. Found almost everything high on the beach. Your $6 in clad was a lot of digging.... You done good. I dug mostly bobby pins, (32). I guess they washed to the surface and the gold just went deeper. Oh, the joys of a PI unit. HH. Ralph

K

Kentucky Kache

One hunter gets "blessed" by a nun and finds clad. Another hunter hunts without a "blessing" by a nun and finds gold. Is it too late to reconsider?

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I like your story! Last year I was hunting near a nun's beach retreat house. I didn't find much except one silver heart. As I was leaving the beach a woman stopped me to chat and was asking me about my finds. She told me that her friend "Sister.." lost a bracelet her mother had given her. I offered to help find it but she said, oh it was pieces that were lost and there was a silver heart on it. I showed the heart I found to her and she said that is it. "Bless you!" and took off to try to catch the nun who had lost it. A week later I found my big diamond ring!!!

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Kentucky Kache said:
One hunter gets "blessed" by a nun and finds clad. Another hunter hunts without a "blessing" by a nun and finds gold. Is it too late to reconsider?

Before you disqualify the blessing too quickly, the Gold Filled cross I found was marked "1/20 14k GF" which means 5% of the 2.6g is 14k gold. Sooooooo gold value of the cross $2.68. $6 in clad was definitely better, but the gold cross was fun to find in the scoop, even if it is only Gold filled. I felt blessed, but not monetarily. HH and hope ya'al are blessed in your hunt for treasure. Ralph

K

Kentucky Kache

petersra said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Before you disqualify the blessing too quickly, the Gold Filled cross I found was marked "1/20 14k GF" which means 5% of the 2.6g is 14k gold. Sooooooo gold value of the cross $2.68. $6 in clad was definitely better, but the gold cross was fun to find in the scoop, even if it is only Gold filled. I felt blessed, but not monetarily. HH and hope ya'al are blessed in your hunt for treasure. Ralph

Hey, I wasn't the one who put a dollar amount on it.

All blessings come from ______
Hint: It's not nuns.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kentucky Kache said:
petersra said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Yeah, but them nuns can make for a pretty good conduit sometimes. ;D

K

Kentucky Kache

Smudge said:
Kentucky Kache said:
petersra said:
Kentucky Kache said:

So does a spider web. Just ask a fly.

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Kentucky Kache said:
Smudge said:
Kentucky Kache said:
petersra said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Amen, I still have my fork in my hand, "The best IS yet to come!" The real Treasure is in heaven, these are just trinkets we are looking for here on Earth. I know where the blessings really come from, but all prayers are gladly accepted.

K

Kentucky Kache

petersra said:
Kentucky Kache said:
Smudge said:
Kentucky Kache said:
petersra said:
Kentucky Kache said:

Amen, I still have my fork in my hand, "The best IS yet to come!" The real Treasure is in heaven, these are just trinkets we are looking for here on Earth. I know where the blessings really come from, but all prayers are gladly accepted.

Just trying to tell you that all that glitters is not gold. But you'll have to find that out for yourself.

Congrats on the finds, everyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread