Fixed my scoop just in time...

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an RTG Royal that was cracking where the handle attaches to the basket... so I welded that back a few months ago. Then a week or 2 ago while in the water, I drove it in, and pulled back and the handle simply ripped at the weld for the lower handle. What a pisser, less than a year old >:(.
MD8-29-10095.jpg

So I cut it down to the handle, went to Alro metals and picked up a piece of SS big enough to slip over the old handle... fit like a glove. Welded a bead around the bottom of the handle, and a lil more gusset welds where the handle attaches to the basket.
MD8-29-10099.jpg

I was using a loaner Alum from a friend, and I did not like the way sand stuck in the basket. I am gonna be looking for a new scoop soon, any recommendations? I looked at one a fellow had on the beach and the straight handle is a deal breaker for me. I also have no problem pinpointing so I want some thing < 6" dia. No reason in scoopin more sand than I need. Lastly it has to be tough... at 6-1 230 I can put good pressure on one when its in the ground. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
at 6-1 230 pounds I bet you put good pressure on the seat of your truck too....LOL :laughing9: Just ribbing you my friend.....

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Epically after a few taco hell burritos... watch out Tim, it's gonna be a long rip roarin ride... :laughing7:

wavecrazed

Jul 21, 2009
Orlando FLorida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Excallibur 1000, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.S.Tupperware said:
Epically after a few taco hell burritos... watch out Tim, it's gonna be a long rip roarin ride... :laughing7:
I was wondering what that sound was Doh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread