Where can I get a lower rod for an older Excalibur?

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
You might put a WTB post on the wanted section of the classifieds. What are you going to do with the one they sent you? If it's for the Excal II and you want to sell it, let me know. How did you come up with the name Bazinga? You must like the show "Big Bang Theory", actor Jim Parsons says that alot, don't know what it means. Thanks and good luck finding the lower rod. John

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kellyco gets confused often

u may have gotten an anderson lower.........does it look like this.......round orings and not teardrop washers?
little longer.............

if it is, it will work fine, if u have the washers

Attachments

• lowers.jpg
    lowers.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 235
  • LOWER ROD COMBOS.jpg
    LOWER ROD COMBOS.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 238

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bazinga..................i sent u

pics of soveregin shafts.............

f y i..........excalibur lowers have pins on the side not top or bottom.........only difference are the pins.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TexasDigger1 said:
You might put a WTB post on the wanted section of the classifieds. What are you going to do with the one they sent you? If it's for the Excal II and you want to sell it, let me know. How did you come up with the name Bazinga? You must like the show "Big Bang Theory", actor Jim Parsons says that alot, don't know what it means. Thanks and good luck finding the lower rod. John

I am returning the one that Kellyco sent me. Yeah, my name is from that show. It is his attempt at pointing out that he just made a joke at another's expense.

gravediggermax-vabeachva said:
u may have gotten an anderson lower.........does it look like this.......round orings and not teardrop washers?
little longer.............

if it is, it will work fine, if u have the washers

I did purchase the Anderson lower rod. It doesn't fit correctly. It has the two pins on the side. My machine only has a spot for one pin on the bottom. With the way it is set up now, it would have the coil pointing sideways instead of down on the ground. Plus, with the round orings, there is absolutely no way that it would fit in the slot to even screw it in.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just drill a hole through both and use nylon bolt

i have never used the spring pins.........

the anderson is much heavier and stronger.................

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
When I can't find it at Kellyco then I make my own from Home Depot. Take the broken piece and see if you can match it up with PVC, slide the broken isolator rod into the PVC pipe, do a little drilling and nut and bolt placement and its fixed. It might not look factory made, who cares as long as it gets the job done and you can get back on the beach. The piece of tubing that connects the upper shaft to the lower shaft snapped and I couldn't fine a replacement, they were backordered. Dug into my collection of aluminum tubing, found one piece that fit the connection snugly. Used a hacksaw and drill and I was back in business in an hour. It's called Yankee Ingenuity which all inventions are made from.Good Luck. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLauthor said:
When I can't find it at Kellyco then I make my own from Home Depot. Take the broken piece and see if you can match it up with PVC, slide the broken isolator rod into the PVC pipe, do a little drilling and nut and bolt placement and its fixed. It might not look factory made, who cares as long as it gets the job done and you can get back on the beach. The piece of tubing that connects the upper shaft to the lower shaft snapped and I couldn't fine a replacement, they were backordered. Dug into my collection of aluminum tubing, found one piece that fit the connection snugly. Used a hacksaw and drill and I was back in business in an hour. It's called Yankee Ingenuity which all inventions are made from.Good Luck. :coffee2: :thumbsup:

I would have happily done that, but it broke at the plastic part where it connects to the coil. It's an awkward shape and not really enough room for me to get creative and brace it with anything.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OK, it snapped just above the attachment. :icon_scratch: If you got both pieces, lay them down where you can photograph them, showing the problem and how they are supposed to look. Maybe one of the TH'ers on here will photograph a photo of how the piece should look. Then send inquiries to these Plastic Mold Shops. :sign13: I believe they make a plastic cast of the pieces then pour in molden plastic and make a replacement. Can't hurt to try and it'll create a market for them because there are other guys who have had the same problem. :thumbsup:

Plastic Mold Shops

http://www.plasticmoldingshop.com/about.html

http://www.emachineshop.com/machine-shop/Plastic-Injection-Molding/page80.html

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread