Heading to Coin Beach, Delaware tomorrow Friday

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
Hi fellows

Metal detecting is a wonderful hobby but don't do of this hobby a tragedy if you don't take the proper precaution in front of this monster call 'Earl'. According with the weather channel, this hurricane will have winds up to 100 MPH when it's passing close of Delaware and Maryland shores, that it's means, it is not a good condition to detect. To find those Irish copper coins and George gold coins from the Faithful Steward shipwreck is our wish but, please, your life is more important.

My best wishes

Arch :)

Attachments

• map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg
    map_tropprjpath07_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 754
Upvote 0

andy881

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Beachunter ID Excalibur
Stay safe and let us know how you make out. I hear that there has been a lot of beach replenishment at coin beach. Are the coopers and gold still being found after the big storms? Thanks, Andy

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
andy881 said:
Stay safe and let us know how you make out. I hear that there has been a lot of beach replenishment at coin beach. Are the coopers and gold still being found after the big storms? Thanks, Andy

I will tell you in couples days

Arch

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a copper last year on coin beach. It wasnt even deep, and found it with my ACE. Could still see most markings and the seated lady unlike most coins found there. I will be down there sat. bright and early. Look for a red toyota tacoma truck at savages ditch parking lot. Will be using a beach hunter ID, and sov. GT. Will be me, my dad, and my uncle. 2 guys will detect at all times, and 1 scooper. I sold my ace in hope of getting a Sov.GT but that didnt happen yet. Hopefully we have some luck!!!!

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
saltfisher said:
I found a copper last year on coin beach. It wasnt even deep, and found it with my ACE. Could still see most markings and the seated lady unlike most coins found there. I will be down there sat. bright and early. Look for a red toyota tacoma truck at savages ditch parking lot. Will be using a beach hunter ID, and sov. GT. Will be me, my dad, and my uncle. 2 guys will detect at all times, and 1 scooper. I sold my ace in hope of getting a Sov.GT but that didnt happen yet. Hopefully we have some luck!!!!

I will see you there at Savage ditch parking lot maybe afternoon. That is the best place to find those coins because the shipwreck is close to that area.

Arch

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember i will bring my coin with to show you. Did you go out today? Im sure there will be some stuff found there this weekend.

Other then that we have not done much there besides clad.

Was almost thinking of hitting up OCMD, or a public beach.... But will hit up coin beach for those gold coins. ;)

OP
OP
architecad

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
saltfisher said:
If I remember i will bring my coin with to show you. Did you go out today? Im sure there will be some stuff found there this weekend.

Other then that we have not done much there besides clad.

Was almost thinking of hitting up OCMD, or a public beach.... But will hit up coin beach for those gold coins. ;)

Salt

At last moment, my wife is getting sick with flu, I don't think I can go tomorrow. Even I had plan to be there with somebody else to hunt but I will be to cancel my hunt. Please post here pic or E-mail me pic of any coins you find. Remember, Savage parking lot is the area where the Faithful Steward is located. I got a satellite pics where locate an apparently view of some vessel to 500 ' from the shoreline.

Arch

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
From North OC 24k nugget this Friday morning, unfortunate had to leave, friend took a couple Bad hits from the surf..Good Luck to all the hunters there.........Joe

Attachments

• Nugget Oc Sept 3 2010.jpg
    Nugget Oc Sept 3 2010.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 548

saltfisher

Feb 15, 2009
Ephrata PA
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Any chance I can check out that photo? You could send it to my e-mail, and we could chat through there so its not public. :) I could share some info with you I have aquired from hunting coin beach, and talking to alot of guys that hunt it. I have a good idea where that ship sank from reading articles and books, and locals, but would be awesome to see a photo! Hope your wife feels better, as the flu is not fun!! Too bad you cant make it.... if things change, you know where i will be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions