Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
watch out for the link

rojas

i know the stealth well..............the newer model smaller one is great,
B U T

never herard of gold-n scoop.............if u google it ..............says it will harm your puter............i could not open it.

made by chuck in mich.................Sunspot scoops.................

watch out

OP
OP
R

Rojas108

Nov 6, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I meant gold-scoop.com I originally found the link on the forum. But now I get the same thing when I google it. Says it will harm my computer.

Is this the same place you bought yours from?

Is the smaller one better since it is lighter? Do you loose anything by it being smaller?

TexasDigger1

May 31, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
I tried doing the same thing, my Norton blocked it real quick, something wrong there. John

OP
OP
R

Rojas108

Nov 6, 2008
Does anyone have their phone number...need a scoop fast my little hand one broke.

JAN2011

Apr 21, 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
White's DFX - MXT - Excalibur II
Sunspot Products Company and their number is 586-755-5820

I have bought from them previously - good service and quick delivery.

Good luck

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
;D I needed a scoop this morning. I went to a local hardware store that had some detectors and other accessories. They had a few small scoops and one long handled one for $149.95. Unacceptable! It was very large and weighed in at over 10 pounds. I got a small lightweight one and a little rake and made one for about $40. And it only weighs a little over two pounds!
It works really well and even can be reset for differant angles and applications. Here are a few pictures. :headbang: :laughing9:

Attachments

• Treasure Hunter\'s Cookout 2010 270.jpg
    Treasure Hunter\'s Cookout 2010 270.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 558
  • Treasure Hunter\'s Cookout 2010 268.jpg
    Treasure Hunter\'s Cookout 2010 268.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 498
  • Treasure Hunter\'s Cookout 2010 266.jpg
    Treasure Hunter\'s Cookout 2010 266.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 533

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok,

I've learned not to be cheap with my equipment, a get what you pay for attitude I have. Although a nifty design, I would break that in a mere 5 minutes Im afraid. Never go cheap with your scoop. Sucks to have a day ruined because your scoop broke. Plus you need to look at the money your spending for it as an investment. I paid over 200 for my Beach Brute. Its lasted me atleast 4 years now and has made me lots of cash and found many beautiful items. One of the most important things in this hobby is recovery behind the machine. People spend hundreds on a machine but dont want to dish out the cash for a decent scoop, Instead spend precious time and small bits of money to have them break a short time after. Not saying that people shouldnt be innovative, I do it all the time, just not with a scoop. Trust me spend the cash and youll never regret it, not even one day after!
Plus most hold their value so you can resell if need be.

CB's opinion

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
CRACKBADGER said:
Ok,

I've learned not to be cheap with my equipment, a get what you pay for attitude I have. Although a nifty design, I would break that in a mere 5 minutes Im afraid. Never go cheap with your scoop. Sucks to have a day ruined because your scoop broke. Plus you need to look at the money your spending for it as an investment. I paid over 200 for my Beach Brute. Its lasted me atleast 4 years now and has made me lots of cash and found many beautiful items. One of the most important things in this hobby is recovery behind the machine. People spend hundreds on a machine but dont want to dish out the cash for a decent scoop, Instead spend precious time and small bits of money to have them break a short time after. Not saying that people shouldnt be innovative, I do it all the time, just not with a scoop. Trust me spend the cash and youll never regret it, not even one day after!

CB's opinion

I read you on that Bro, but some of these scoops they want outrageous prices for them. The retailers need to cut the honest working tax payer a break on the sales.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
TRy Reilly's Treasured Gold site. Kevin Reilly passed away a couple years ago but the business continues in his memory. They make good scoops and they guarantee them. :headbang:

goldfever

Nov 6, 2009
White Feather said:
;D I needed a scoop this morning. I went to a local hardware store that had some detectors and other accessories. They had a few small scoops and one long handled one for $149.95. Unacceptable! It was very large and weighed in at over 10 pounds. I got a small lightweight one and a little rake and made one for about $40. And it only weighs a little over two pounds!
It works really well and even can be reset for differant angles and applications. Here are a few pictures. :headbang: :laughing9:

Seriously? Zip ties? Rofl

Cr4zyH0rs3

Mar 3, 2007
MA.
Detector(s) used
X-70 & Myself
FLauthor said:
TRy Reilly's Treasured Gold site. Kevin Reilly passed away a couple years ago but the business continues in his memory. They make good scoops and they guarantee them. :headbang:

You got the link? It would be much appreciated.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
CRACKBADGER said:
Ok,

CB's opinion

THIS POST SHOULD BE ENGRAVED IN STONE :thumbsup:

PS I would break in in 2 minutes these are scoops...

Attachments

• scoops.jpg
    scoops.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 437
  • scoops.jpg
    scoops.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 400

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The email for Sunspot scoop is [email protected]

I couldn't get the link to work either. I have the larger ones as they find the target faster.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRACKBADGER said:
Ok,

CB's opinion

Truer words were never spoken.

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2: Zip ties were there just to see what angle was needed. I put stainless hose clamps after getting the angle where I wanted it and took it out this morning. It worked great and was able to be used one-handed in both wet and dry sand. It weighs in at 2 pounds, less than my detectors and is cheap. If you want the weight and expense of the large heavy scoops, go for it. This is under $40 and under 2 pounds. If we all used the same thing we would not ever have improvements or change. I liked it because I could use it and not even have to change hands or put the detector down. Experiment with what you have to work with and see what you come up with. Why would I spend $149.95 when this is lighter and easier to handle wether diving, snorkeling or walking. If it breaks you get a heavier scoop. Still cheaper than some 10 or 12 pound Mongo Club. Brute force or a little Finesse? Go for it! :laughing9:

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White Feather said:
:hello2: Zip ties were there just to see what angle was needed. I put stainless hose clamps after getting the angle where I wanted it and took it out this morning. It worked great and was able to be used one-handed in both wet and dry sand. It weighs in at 2 pounds, less than my detectors and is cheap. If you want the weight and expense of the large heavy scoops, go for it. This is under $40 and under 2 pounds. If we all used the same thing we would not ever have improvements or change. I liked it because I could use it and not even have to change hands or put the detector down. Experiment with what you have to work with and see what you come up with. Why would I spend $149.95 when this is lighter and easier to handle wether diving, snorkeling or walking. If it breaks you get a heavier scoop. Still cheaper than some 10 or 12 pound Mongo Club. Brute force or a little Finesse? Go for it! :laughing9:

Good, be inovative, like I said thats where R&D (Research and Development) come in and we desperately need that for this hobby. Just remember the more moving parts there are in a scoop the weaker it is. And trust me, I would break that in 5 minutes zip ties or not, I can just tell. Ive been in the game for awhile, seen scoops, detectors and detectorist crash and burn and just wanted to share some wisdom with you,you learn this hobby by trial and error. Good luck with the design, I know youll get it down and maybe one day well all be using it.

CB's opinion

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Code:
 I agree with Max........metal detecting is a learning process.

good luck
I might add..............Just more of a process for some.........joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread