nice find in the mail

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
About two weeks ago I spent a couple of hours detecting the dry sand at a beach not too far from where I live. I was doing fine, found about 20 Euros in clad in about 2 hours with my ACE 250. Then I found a sophisticated looking key and I could tell it was probably a quite important one. It had imprinted a code number and the telephone number of a security company. It was a Sunday morning but I called the number and was able to contact somebody there. He gave me the address of their shop and asked me to send in the key by mail, which I did. Meanwhile I had almost forgotten about this key. Yesterday I found a letter in the mail, opened it and to my surprise there was a 50- Euro- bill in it and a very kind letter thanking me for sending the key back. 50 Euros, that's almost 70 US$! Never before did I receive such a generous reward and didn't even expect one this time. Once I found a platinum ring with 7 diamonds for a lady at the beach- she offered me 5 Euros then (which I refused to accept). Well- seems that the key was even more important for its owner than I had imagined.

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting a reward like that makes a person wonder just
what that key opened!! Congratulations on the returned
key and the reward...... Gold Nuggets :hello:

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Good return on the key

Sometimes these specialized keys can be very costly to replace. I know that for my Nissan Pathfinder, it would cost upwards of $150 to replace it. And for my Bank Safety Deposit Box it is over $200 so yes they can get pretty costly.

WTG!

Ralph

OP
OP
wrecker

wrecker

Mar 5, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Minelab Excalibur 1000
Thanks everybody. I really thought it wasn't a big deal. The key looked like a fresh drop, there was the telephone number printed on it, so I gave it a try. Nothing special really. Cost me a telephone call to get the address and 55 cents to mail it. I had just found 20 Euros at that beach. Anyway- I thought it was the logical thing to and send it back.
Over the years strangers had stopped to selflessly help me when my car had broke down, when I had a motorbike accident, when my girlfriend had an accident, when I lost a job ... horrible situations actually.
Some people may try to tell you we're surrounded by idiots- my experience makes me believe most people are just like you and me.

tonyweston

Greenie
Jan 14, 2006
well done wrecker !! :icon_thumright:
I am a big believer in Kama what goes around comes around well done matey :)
H/H Tony Weston U.K

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread