Figures, the best time to water hunt!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Went water detecting making my last rounds of the year and my excal is acting up!!! :BangHead: All of a sudden while in the water my Excal starts making a high pitched sound avery 10 - 15 seconds for no reason. Then shortly after, it was making a constant racket with no silence. I turned the threshold all the way down where normally you would not hear it and it was still constant and loud!

I brought it home, charged the battery, cleaned under the coil cover and checked for moisture in the sealed units and did not notice any. After all this it now pulstates with the high tone every 10-15 seconds again. I am going to see if I can finish an area I was at and there was at least one other I wanted before fall. I hope it lasts, sounds like I will be testing Minelab's service department. :help:

Upvote 0

miller433

Jun 29, 2010
N.E. Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excaliber 800, Soveriegn GT, Garrett 1500, Garrett Ace
I had one beach recently where I ended up with a lot of chatter, even out of the water. I had recently changed batteries so I went back and wiped off the battery connections and popped the end caps off the battery and main housing and put a little silicone grease on the rubber seals. I didn't have any problems after that. I have the rings to prove it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread