Gold Ring 12VA Limiok???

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I found this ring on the beach the day after Earl passed thru. Would like to think it is gold, but 12VA does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling, and the stone does not have the sparkle that I would think a diamond should have. Google says, VA = "Virginia", nahhh "Volt Amps" I don't think so....... I could not find any designation under jewelry and could not find "Limiok", which I assume is the maker's mark. Any idea what it could mean??? Thanks for your input, Ralph

Attachments

• Earl Treasures 004.JPG
    Earl Treasures 004.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 689
  • Earl Treasures 004.JPG
    Earl Treasures 004.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 621
  • Earl Treasures 006.JPG
    Earl Treasures 006.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 696
  • Earl Treasures 007.JPG
    Earl Treasures 007.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 726
Upvote 0
D

digum smacks

i say real! are there any other marks on it?does it look like any marks are worn off?

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats gotta be real!!

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the encouraging words. I just checked it again. No other marks beside 12VA on one side and LIMIOK with a diamond shape after the K. I did notice when I brought it to the computer and it caught the light, that it did sparkle a bit, like a diamond. I put my loop on and it looks like it has some hand lotion embedded below the stone, which may be the reason why I did not notice the sparkle previously. (I do need to get a jewelry cleaner) Just not sure what "12VA" means. Maybe a foreign designation for "12KT" (I hope)........ Thanks for the input. Ralph

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
petersra said:
Thanks for the encouraging words. I just checked it again. No other marks beside 12VA on one side and LIMIOK with a diamond shape after the K. I did notice when I brought it to the computer and it caught the light, that it did sparkle a bit, like a diamond. I put my loop on and it looks like it has some hand lotion embedded below the stone, which may be the reason why I did not notice the sparkle previously. (I do need to get a jewelry cleaner) Just not sure what "12VA" means. Maybe a foreign designation for "12KT" (I hope)........ Thanks for the input. Ralph
A soft toothbrush with a bit of dish soap will do wonders.
I would also check for loose stones before cleaning. I'm sure they would be difficult to find in the sink trap.

HTH

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Thanks Ralph. Looks like I have some homework. I did previously use the soft tooth brush routine, but I guess the stone is small and the crusty smudge of hand lotion is hard, so I have it soaking in dishwashing detergent, which I am told has enzymes that eat away at stuff without harming the finish. Thank for the links, I have filed them away for future use. HH, Ralph

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
The LM10K is in my opinion the makers mark LM followed by 10K gold.
12VA is up for grabs right now.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Montauk3 said:
The LM10K is in my opinion the makers mark LM followed by 10K gold.
12VA is up for grabs right now.

LIM10k that is what red and i see so 10K gold as for the 12VA, red and i think that it may be a grade mark for the diamond but it is very unusual to mark the band with the diamond grade!!!!!

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Good tip. I'm off to research.

NOPE! No dice.

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
WOW!!! I was trying to make a gold purity out of the 12VA, not what I thought of as the maker's mark "Limiok". However, when you put the word in all caps like it is written, "LIMIOK", I see where you got the 10K from. Sounds good to me!!! I searched through all the hallmarks Montauk3 posted and came up empty. Thanks for putting your eyes on it and seeing it in a different light. Ralph

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
petersra said:
WOW!!! I was trying to make a gold purity out of the 12VA, not what I thought of as the maker's mark "Limiok". However, when you put the word in all caps like it is written, "LIMIOK", I see where you got the 10K from. Sounds good to me!!! I searched through all the hallmarks Montauk3 posted and came up empty. Thanks for putting your eyes on it and seeing it in a different light. Ralph

It obviously looks real in the pictures, and I would bet the stone is real too.
When you look at gold you dig on the beach, any scracthes would show copper underneath, this does
not show anything but more gold in the scratches.
So it's obviously not plated...
Do you have a machine with a meter ?
it should read 15 to 20 on a Whites metered machine (DFX, XLT, so forth)
if it's signifacantly higher (40-70's) it is not gold...

But if it does read low like that, then there is no doubt..
But looking at the pictures and with years of experiance I have no doubt that it is real !

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can always take it to a pawnshop and have them check it out, we have one we trust and we take in stuff Chug has found, like the diamond wedding set he found. They verified everything nicely, and this one we go to is very honest. You can also take it to a jeweler and have them check it out, Chug does this one too, one store even cleaned what he found, making everything really pretty. The wedding set he found, we could not find out who made them, we went to Walmart one day, and guess what? Yep, Walmart had made them, but they were no longer being made! That turned out cool!!!! :thumbsup: Keep us posted on what you find out and good luck!!!! Red :hello:

Zarzazz

Dec 25, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this ring on the beach the day after Earl passed thru. Would like to think it is gold, but 12VA does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling, and the stone does not have the sparkle that I would think a diamond should have. Google says, VA = "Virginia", nahhh "Volt Amps" I don't think so....... I could not find any designation under jewelry and could not find "Limiok", which I assume is the maker's mark. Any idea what it could mean??? Thanks for your input, Ralph

Hey, so oddly enough I actually owe this same exact ring!!
The stamping on mine however reads

“ J2 VA”. Not as you shown 12 VA

“10k LIM”

To the left of the “J2 VA” is a very faint engravement of a “P” with a sharp top piece. I’ve add a photo of what I’m talking about as I too am curious as to what this ring is 80D4818C-E313-4DC6-AAAF-733E7F04EC83.jpeg

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep 10K! Should be a diamond, only takes a second to test. Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread