RECOMPENSIA !!!!

tonyweston

Greenie
Jan 14, 2006
Whilst water hunting in Majorca I was approached by a frantic Portuguese man . he was very upset and with the help my poor Spanglish I managed to understand that he had lost his wedding ring engraved inside with the name Liliana whilst playing ball earlier . :help:
He motioned that he was in deep SH*T and the wife Liliana was going to cut his throat :( saying Recompensia rubbing his thumb and index finger together ( a universal language ) !!! :thumbsup:
I set out hunting a grid pattern and after a while old scally rang out and there was Liliana 28.07.07 sat glinting in the bottom of my scoop, I then looked for the family but couldnt find them ???!! Later during my hunting session he reappeared with a paper containing his contact details and I produced the ring, they were all delighted ;D after hugs, kisses and a family photo shoot he then shook my hand and winked transferring some paper into my hand, not wishing to be rude looking there and then whilst walking across the beach I looked to see 100E RECOMPENSIA WOOOOOOOOOOOW !! :laughing9:
I later thought that 100E was perhaps O.T.T but in reality if I had found it weeks later I would have got more than that scrap value ?? but money isnt everything it was good to see so many smiles. ;D ;D :)
Im awaiting the photos to be sent via email from the happy family to put into my hunting album :read2:
everyone was happy ,karma rules and more kudos for our hobby
H/H Tony Weston U.K.

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Tony........ :thumbsup:
Look forward to seeing the pictures
when you post them. Gold Nuggets :hello:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Yup...=$126.780 :)

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Great story. I think that is an extremely generous reward. I don't think you would get that kind of reward from most Americans in the states. I assume the ring was gold. I am curious do you remember the gold (Kt) content rating (14kt, 18kt, 750 or other Euro rating of the ring? I just picked up a 14kt yellow gold band the other day and the weight is such that melt value might get me only a few dollars ( or Euros) more than the reward your happy claimant gave you. I would be very happy with such a reward while returning to the rightful owner.

OP
OP
T

tonyweston

Greenie
Jan 14, 2006
thanks for the support lads , yes it was definitely a heavy gold ring I think it was 18k due to the weight and colour ? couldnt be sure as my eyes are not as good as they used to be so looking for a hall mark in the surf was out of the question ! ::)
Im told that a lot of Portuguese gold 800 is 19.3 k ??
I hope to receive the photos soon but I have never put photos on a forum before ! perhaps the kids can help me do that ?
h/h Tony Weston U.K.

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Congratulations Tony for a job well done!

The reward might seem a bit too high for just a simple gold wedding band. But considering the reaction that this gentlemen had with the realization of losing his wedding band. And then with the over whelming relief of having you find the ring, and not having to tell his (possibly over the top emotional wife) about it, was probably in his mind, fair compensation for keeping everything quiet.

Especially for not having to live the rest of his natural born life, having his wife repeat the story (over and over again!!) of how her husband was such a loser for losing his wedding band on their honey moon!

Heck, I might well pay for that kind of silence myself one day!

Cheers, and good Karma all 'round! :icon_thumright:

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions