Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I did it.

Packed my car the night before to go beach hunting early the next morning.

Got up at 5 am, got my water, and drove nearly an hour to get to the beach.

Opened my trunk...and no sand scoop.

Left it at home.

Can't use a pi detector without one and there was no place to get a replacement.

So I had to turn right around and come home, kicking myself the whole way.

A cautionary word: maybe create a checklist before you leave or double check everything. I wish I had. Now my day is shot. >:(

Don't think I'll make that mistake again for a long, long time.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the feeling of forgetting some important piece of gear. Done it more than once too even after I didn't look at the check list I made. We have too many things on our lil minds.

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buddy did that a week ago when we headed to the condo... luckily I had a loaner.... Went fishin with a friend and we got all the way to mosquito lagoon, when he couldn't find his keys... in his driveway when we got back... >:(

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Been there.... Done that! I drove an hour and a half to my beach. Got out of the car, opened the trunk and discovered.... I had left my detector at home! ARGGGGGGGGGG! :'(

lucky d

Oct 2, 2008
fla la land
Detector(s) used
minelab excalibur
hee hee hee!...i got the t-shirt as well.....drove 2 hours to go ice fishing, had the bait, auger, food, beer, etc, etc, but wait ? no traps....#^%&**%$#$%^* ..........thank goodness my budies each gave me one trap apiece....in the end we all fished 4 traps instead of five.....a checklist is a good idea...hh

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought you were going to say you forgot your car! :wink: That would have been a sign of a serious psychological problem. M :wink: nty

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove off yesterday forgetting my scoop at home... Lucky for me, I only made it 20 minutes from home before noticing..
Funny how you just KNOW you forgot something, but cant figure out what it was until you get far from home... Maybe it's an age thing.. LOL..

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
My 3 scoops NEVER leave my truck except the one I am hunting with at the time. All my hunting stuff and change of clothes are kept in a plastic tub so in the morning I just grab the cooler, tub and detectors and off I go
(I keep a spare T shirt and swim trunks under the seat just in case)
been there, done that-never again :icon_thumright:

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a plastic tub that I keep all my equipment in. It has an inventory checklist in side. Scoops and and dectors are hanging next to the tub and have a spot to checked off on the list.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
;D
i NEVER forget my sand scoop!!
she won't let me go alone!

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
recently spent a hunt w/o my propointer not fun.

last yr drove off leaving my 1500 dollar etrac leaning against a tree.

the 25 min it took me to drive back were the longest of my entire life

but there she still was just as i had left it.

this is how things get LOST.

if not nothing to hunt for.

still sorry for ur trouble :'(

PA John

Nov 24, 2008
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
God was telling you that it isn't your day to hunt!!
Probably hungry sharks near shore!!!

I think these things happen for a reason!
Be thankful!

Then again. . . . could just be a sign of old age.

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge,

ROFL, Im sorry but thats hilarious! I can just imagine you staring in the trunk thinking it was going to suddenly appear under a dirty shirt! LOL. Good luck next time, I always got the detector in the right and the scoop in the left when I leave the house and leave the beach. I also never really take the scoop out of the back of the truck. LOL.

CB

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Piercesdad said:
I have a plastic tub that I keep all my equipment in. It has an inventory checklist in side. Scoops and and dectors are hanging next to the tub and have a spot to checked off on the list.

Best idea.
Leave the dang thing in the trunk!

LOL

OP
OP
Smudge

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRACKBADGER said:
Smudge,

ROFL, Im sorry but thats hilarious! I can just imagine you staring in the trunk thinking it was going to suddenly appear under a dirty shirt! LOL. Good luck next time, I always got the detector in the right and the scoop in the left when I leave the house and leave the beach. I also never really take the scoop out of the back of the truck. LOL.

CB

Oh, its even better than that. I actually packed my car the night before so I wouldn't forget anything!!! :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread