Another fun day at the beach (with Snooksion)

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit our spot at daylight and started hunting on a low, but incoming tide... Current was like hunting a swift river after about an hour.
Found the usual tons of trash that we normally find here, and gold was either not there, or buried in the deep sand. Dave found a HUGE, heavy, but worthless ring. About 3 hrs into the hunt, I finally got a gold tone that wasnt a Corona cap (man I hate those damn caps), and after scoop number 3 cleared, found the beautiful cross in my scoop... 14k and a nice 6.32 grams...

I hate to see something this nice melted down, but I doubt I could get more than melt for it on ebay... Shame..
We ended up leaving about 4pm, the outgoing tide was repeating the river-like current and we both were just too tired to continue "cleaning" the area... Dave found the reading glasses, and they are not only in great shape (had to straighten a bit), but they fit the bill for my use... I was needing a new pair, thanks Dave!
Thanks to lot's of quarters, my clad total was $4.24 for the day, which at least almost paid the parking fee..
Very beautiful day, and as usual, fun to hunt with Dave....

Attachments

• 9-12-10 finds 3.jpg
    9-12-10 finds 3.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 406
  • 9-12-10 finds 1.jpg
    9-12-10 finds 1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 405
  • 9-12-10 finds 2.jpg
    9-12-10 finds 2.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 404
Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Lotta digging...Nice Cross, I would have a hard time melting that one......................

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunting with buddys :icon_thumright:
beautiful cross!!!!! i could not melt that down, id be wearing it!!!!!!!!!

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice day. It took me a long time to hit gold but when it happens its icing on the cake. I agree with seeker41 don't melt it down. You can have it mounted on the bridge of your new glasses and you could be styling. Arty

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice cross. Looks like you did your share of picking up the beach of bottle caps.....Matt

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the trash! If only non detectorist knew how much we gather on each trip we make. One fine ticket on the cross! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread