OK, maybe one, but TWO??? Fabulous day with my wife, the best!

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My lovely wife Pamela decided we should go to the beach together, so of course I jumped right on that idea!!
Decided to go to a new spot, just to see how hard it has been hit... Arrived at 2:00 pm, the low tide was supposed to be at 4:45 pm so the timing was perfect... Was supposed to be "knee high" surf, man were they off... It was about as flat as the sea can get.
Set up the chairs and umbrella so Pam could get some sun, and off I went. Started walking a zig-zag line in about waist deep water and the very first signal I got was about 30 ft from where I started.. Real solid hit with a good "ping" to it... First scoop, and there it was, in all it's BLACK glory... Darned Titanium band, and I knew immediately... But hey, just started and its a ring, so I was of course happy.... Since I was so close, walked back over to Pam to show it to her... "Gonna be a good day I think"...
Took back off and worked and worked that water... GREAT solid bottom, you know, the kind where every scoop of material and half of it remains in your scoop--- Shells! Wow, I thought... Could it get any better?
Worked a good 1/2 mile stretch of that beach, and aside from an occasional coin, and a RARE bottle cap or pop tab, not much at all..
Started back towards my original point, this time in chest-deep water, and soon I saw Pam swimming ever so slowly towards me..
We said our quick "Hello's", and I again started sweeping as we visited and talked about how beautiful it was.. No more than 20 feet into that strip, and "HELLO!!", another solid "pinging" low tone... This time, on scoop number 3, there it was, bright and silver, in my scoop.. "YEAH!!" I said as I discreetly showed it to Pam, then slipped it into my bag... "Man, that was sure light" I told Pam, but just knew I couldnt find two Titanium rings on the same trip... We both need a glass to read rings, but that was back into the truck...
Continued to hunt back to our picnic area, just as the sun was setting... Pam stayed in the water since it was now blowing pretty good, and the temp dropped enough to make that water a more welcome place to be than standing in the wind with wet clothes on..
Took a few pictures, the one with Pam's silouted against the smooth water is my favorite.. Sorry for the blurry pic of the rings, camera focused on the chair I guess..

Although the day only produced the two, yes Titanium rings and $2.65 in clad, it was a great day.. I couldnt have asked for better weather, smoother water, or companion that what I had this last Saturday..
And I also couldnt have found a cleaner beach.. Unbelievably clean.. Even the dry sand would not produce a bottle cap or tab in the 10 minutes or so I swept it..

HH all!

Attachments

• 09-18-10 hunting 1.jpg
    09-18-10 hunting 1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 502
  • 09-18-10 Hunting Sunset.jpg
    09-18-10 Hunting Sunset.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 09-18-10 Rings.jpg
    09-18-10 Rings.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 493
  • Pam Gulf Sunset 09-18-10.jpg
    Pam Gulf Sunset 09-18-10.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 502
Upvote 0

TheTreasureAddict

Mar 14, 2007
FLOR DI DA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, EXCALIBUR 1000, EXPLORER SE, E-TRAC, GTI 2500, V3, PI PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,

Great pics Great story great finds! Cant complain with a day like that and having loved ones there make it even better!

CB

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What kinda sissy uses an Excal when they own a PI machine? ;D

JK.

It sure looks like you guys had a great time. Sorry the rings weren't up to par, but you know first hand how tough Florida beaches can be. I wasn't able to go this past weekend myself, but I will this coming Saturday for sure!!

Very nice pics too, BTW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread