May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me start by saying I have owned my CZ20 for about 13 years now. A while back my headphones wire broke and I decided to put some Grey Ghost phones on it and I had a member from this forum volunteer to replace them for me. I got them back from him and they worked perfectly and my machine ran flawlessly. A couple weeks ago while diving with my machine it started acting up and then basically went nuts. I called Fisher and talked to Felix and he explained that if I sent the detector in that they would check it out and said they would also need to do the conversion to a CZ21 for $295 more which I thought was O.K. I told him about the headphones and he said they would have to change out the headphones also which I did not understand. I told him there was nothing wrong with the phones and he said that they had to change them out and return the machine to me in original stock condition. I was upset and I told him about the negative feedback they were getting but I love my 20 so I wanted to stick with them but didn't know if I should because everyone seemed to have bad things to say about their service. He was very nice and said they warrantee the machine when it was sent back and that’s why they want it to be stock and that made sense. I ended up talking to him for about 30 minutes about the hobby and he was very professional. He called me a week after I sent it in and said the coil was not responding. The coil was like $120 the headphones were about $160 and the conversion was $295. With everything included it would be right around $600 which is about half price of a new one so that was not a bad deal right there but then he gave me a discount and let me tell you I was VERY VERY happy with the price. I got it back yesterday and it is like new. I am so happy that I decided to send it to Fisher. Felix was absolutely wonderful and I can tell you with the professionalism I received I will stick with Fisher for a long time.

Upvote 0

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
biggmike said:
Let me start by saying I have owned my CZ20 for about 13 years now. A while back my headphones wire broke and I decided to put some Grey Ghost phones on it and I had a member from this forum volunteer to replace them for me. I got them back from him and they worked perfectly and my machine ran flawlessly. A couple weeks ago while diving with my machine it started acting up and then basically went nuts. I called Fisher and talked to Felix and he explained that if I sent the detector in that they would check it out and said they would also need to do the conversion to a CZ21 for $295 more which I thought was O.K. I told him about the headphones and he said they would have to change out the headphones also which I did not understand. I told him there was nothing wrong with the phones and he said that they had to change them out and return the machine to me in original stock condition. I was upset and I told him about the negative feedback they were getting but I love my 20 so I wanted to stick with them but didn't know if I should because everyone seemed to have bad things to say about their service. He was very nice and said they warrantee the machine when it was sent back and that’s why they want it to be stock and that made sense. I ended up talking to him for about 30 minutes about the hobby and he was very professional. He called me a week after I sent it in and said the coil was not responding. The coil was like $120 the headphones were about $160 and the conversion was $295. With everything included it would be right around $600 which is about half price of a new one so that was not a bad deal right there but then he gave me a discount and let me tell you I was VERY VERY happy with the price. I got it back yesterday and it is like new. I am so happy that I decided to send it to Fisher. Felix was absolutely wonderful and I can tell you with the professionalism I received I will stick with Fisher for a long time.

Good to see you were well taken care of! Do you happen to work for Fisher? :laughing9:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the past I've always gotten excellent service from Fisher, quick turnaround as well. :thumbsup:

trainermick

Jul 15, 2009
Chatham, Ontario
I dealt with Felix when my 20 year old 1280 needed some work and I got a brand new machine in return for $275.00 . No complaints about Fisher service here.

OP
OP
biggmike

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surfnturf said:
biggmike said:

Good to see you were well taken care of! Do you happen to work for Fisher? :laughing9:

LOL I figured someone if not everyone would think that but no I've lived here in Fla all my life and work security for a large company (not Fisher) although I kind of wish I could work in the field that I love. I just can't believe the great deal I got and wanted to share. I am a regular on a different forum and a friend told me about this one and I also love this site so you will probably be seeing a lot more from me. HH BiggMike or Mike(FL)

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These days the quality of the service on water machines is just as important as the technology in the machine.

Ahem. Are you listening Minelab?

Seaweednh

Feb 3, 2007
Newbury, MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excallibur II, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
These days the quality of the service on water machines is just as important as the technology in the machine.

Ahem. Are you listening Minelab?

Minelab may be a little slow in the service department but I can't knock the way the teated me. Last winter I broke the headphone wire so I packed up the Excalibur II with a second set of stock headphones and sent it in to Minelab. In my letter I asked if they couldn't fix the broken wire to use the other set of phones. I also asked if they could do the Ikelite connector on the end I would pay for that as well. A few weeks passed and I called Minelab not realizing that they had moved, I spoke with a new service rep. I asked her if they could still do the Ikelite conversion and she politely said no. I also asked to get my old headphones back. Time passed and I got an e-mail that my detector was on it's way home. I was puzzed because Minelab never called for my credit card number. When the detector arrived, I had two sets of disconnected headphones .... both with Ikelite connections, an Ikelike housing end cap, and a new coil, all covered under warranty! Perhaps what I should mention, I bought the detector used, and had it for close to two years. My final cost, under $15 to ship it to Minelab and in return I got a new coil and a machine I can swap headphones on with both sets of headphones having the Ikilite connector. Minelab has no complaints from me.

Regards,
Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread