Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if they were to send me one to field test i would put up a review also............ BUT that is not going to happen..........

Attachments

• thumbnailCAJC06XL.jpg
    thumbnailCAJC06XL.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 2,093

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really want to see a salt water review. I am sure it will be freash water only or with good results.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I watched the video they produced and I am not impressed. Birdman you got the machine for water hunting already. I think this Garrett AT Pro is marketed towards newbie beach hunters and the water proofing is just in case the drop it in the drink! I could be wrong but I would not be first inline.

D

digum smacks

sorry folks i wouldnt touch this thing with a 10' pole.they had the right idea,but made the wrong machine.we need a machine that either goes alot deeper or discriminates alot better or both. until then its the same old same old.i bet this thing flounders.

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
DanFL1962 said:
I watched the video they produced and I am not impressed.

Not impressed with the video production itself? Or, not impressed with the machine?
I am not impressed with the machine. I think its waterproof copy of another machine. Companies do this in hard times. Reinvent the same machine but change the package.This time its waterproof. I'll give it time. But a detector that cheap. I just don't see it, competing with others.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What this is a waterproof VLF detector Garrett at one time made a VLF waterproof detector called the AT3 & a latter one the AT4......... And a lot a big lot of hunters wanted Garrett to make something like the early AT's..................................... And he listened to the we wanted and came out with the AT Pro..... And i don't see how you can knock something so hard that you really know nothing about yet ...... I know a lot don't care for Garrett .............. But then there is a lot that like Garrett...........

Attachments

• orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,815
  • orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 1,821

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Seems most TH'ers have a strong allegiance to a certain brand. How many Chevy guys ever convert to Ford? :-\

My first and only machine is a White's. But I'm looking forward to giving the AT-Pro a try. I'm liking the light weight...only 4 AA batteries. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
DanFL1962 said:
Seems most TH'ers have a strong allegiance to a certain brand. How many Chevy guys ever convert to Ford? :-\

My first and only machine is a White's. But I'm looking forward to giving the AT-Pro a try. I'm liking the light weight...only 4 AA batteries. :icon_thumleft:
Are you right there you see my first detector in 1982 was a Garrett then in 1992 a Minelab........... But i keep going back to Garrett................. I've used Whites Tesoro Fisher........ But i guess i am a Dodge guy i mean Garrett..................

Attachments

• !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,779
  • !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    !!d59UFwBmM~$(KGrHqQH-CIEsJ)wlqBrBLF+5ET(f!~~_26.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 1,782

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for one is going to be buying one when they come out and I have it ordered. I'm also a Minelab fanatic. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Marchas45 said:
I for one is going to be buying one when they come out and I have it ordered. I'm also a Minelab fanatic. :thumbsup:
I was a Minelab person i still am off and on .................But there service has something to be desired.................. they go fo a time great then they go for a time lousy...................... then great then lousy again....................... I think being a big company now they keep changeing people around instead of putting some good people in the metal detector part and keeping them there....................They transfeer them around and put new people in then there service falls apart again.....That is a big corp. for you............

hawk-run

Feb 24, 2010
I am from Gods Country
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Garrett ACE 250 & Pro Pointer
That is why you will always find Garretts , Whites , And Tesoro service superior to Minelabs and Fisher minelab and Fisher are big Corporations now and big corporations :angry4: :angry5: Do not always give good service.

D

digum smacks

this is simple.i like whites,i like minelab,i like fisher,i like garrett. tesoro i dont know about but i hear they dont make a "good" saltwater detector. i dont care what it is,all i know is this garrett machine is not for a seasoned pro,its for the weekend warrior/non hardcore hunter.made for "PIDDLING" around at the beach.or mabie even a good back-up.just ask yourself will this replace your excal? i think not.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
snooksion2 said:
ask yourself will this replace your excal? i think not.

i doubt it will..........but it sure sounds good on the video.......i have one on pre-order.......15k..............should improve gold chain enhancement.........will it work on the damp sand, shallow surf envoiroment ????.......i hope to let u know sometime in nov.

sounds like the best..........will it be........to be determined at a later date.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
snooksion2 said:
this is simple.i like whites,i like minelab,i like fisher,i like garrett. tesoro i dont know about but i hear they dont make a "good" saltwater detector. i dont care what it is,all i know is this garrett machine is not for a seasoned pro,its for the weekend warrior/non hardcore hunter.made for "PIDDLING" around at the beach.or mabie even a good back-up.just ask yourself will this replace your excal? i think not.
snooksion2....You see it is like this.. not everyone hunts saltwater beaches ..There are more that do not hunt salt water beaches than that do .............. I might see a saltwater beach for a week every 3 years i said might................ So if you do not hunt saltwater beaches you are not a seasons pro hunter........I did not know that................. You mean that prospectors are not season pros Hmmm....... that inland hunters are not season pros Hmmm....You mean that fresh water hunters are not season pros Hmmm... Then you mean that every one that does not hunt salt water are PIDDLERS.........& not hardcore like the saltwater hunters .............

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family all use White metal detectors. I'm interested in a all wheather machine for beaches and relic hunting that discriminates. I have been in snow storms with my whites on the beach and relic hunting with plastic taped around my detectors. If the grounds not frozen I'm in, rain, snow, or shine..... And having my non water proof machine always worries me. I do not know even after emailing Garrett and receiving there answers whether the machines going to handle mineralization on the beach without sacrificing lower gold. My first metal detecting bud is 79 years of age. He is still swinging a waterproof Garrett that's ancient. He would of made the banner numerous times with the bling he has dug in the surf with his old museum machine. With that said, I do not think finding gold is going to be a problem. The machine working the deep surf is the question in my mind, other than that it sounds like a great water proof machine waiting to cut its teeth. I for one would love a weather proof machine. I do hope its a winner. Arty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions