Pinpointing?

pencil5757

Apr 29, 2006
Jasper Texas
Detector(s) used
-Garrett AT-PRO, Ace 250&350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this has been ask before but I'd like to get some new tips. I've always had trouble pinpointing under water the bottom of the lake I hut on stirs up very easily and your hunting blindfolded so I would like to hear how everybody does there pinpointing foot by coil etc.
I hpoe I get a lot of responces to this post so I can try several tecniques.
Thanks in advance
Pencil5757

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Usually, I pinpoint the target, put my toe at the back edge of the coil, remove the coil, put the scoop right in front of my foot and dig.

HH!
TBGO

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Different detectors pinpoint differently but usually you located the target and I put my foot along the side of the coil then move the coil away. I then place the scoop along side the heel of my foot and tilt the scoop down about 45 degrees and push it into the sand with my other foot. I then lift the sand and set it to the side while still in the scoop and check the hole to see if I got it or there is another target. If I think it's in the scoop, I lift the scoop and shake out the sand and retreive the target.

After you take the "ring" out of the scoop, don't stop and study it, slip it away like it was junk and move on. You don't want to bring attention to yourself that you found something good. Look at it later. I have a secret pocket that I slip gold rings into that is away from the coins, watches, and oter goodies. All trash goes into another larger pocket in my pouch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread