Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Met up with Dave and hunted a few beaches yesterday.... Finally found an area that was uncovered, literally carpeted with old coins... And really not very much garbage at all, probably the least I have dug yet.. I think the currents that moved the sand swept most of the bottle caps and tabs further out, leaving the coins and heavier stuff...
Dave found a really nice 14k earring with ice on two sides! Of course, the pressure was now on me to find gold... He also found a really big spinner ring, which of course he wished was gold, but still .925 is nothing to snivel at...
The surf was not as predicted by NOAA (Know-a-nothing), and we were getting slammed pretty good... Around 2pm, the wind was whipping up some pretty nasty surf, many waves coming in with little to no lag between them... Made it hard to stay on target to say the least.. I had found a few junk jewelry items, and a little .925 ring and really ugly square .925 earring, and lots of clad.. I had a guy approach me several times, very curious about detecting.. On the third time he approached me, I was digging a very broken, but low tone and after scoop 3, I asked him if he could just give me a moment to retrieve the signal before the waves knocked me off the spot... "Sure, no problem" he said... Then up came scoop #4, and he leaned in close to see what was in it as I cleared the scoop... "So lets see what kind of crap I get for all this digging" I said... Suddenly, there was an explosion of glitter at the bottom of my scoop and he yells out "Oh my god, look at those diamonds!!"..... There it was, in all it's beautiful, sparkling, glory!! Ladies wedding band, 14k white gold, with 10 really nice diamonds on it.... I GOT GOLD TOO!!
Unfortunately, I had made a promise to my wife to be home by 6, so I had to leave.....

Dave ended up with over $6 in clad, and my total was $7.14 for the day, including a Kennedy Half dollar..

Great day with a great friend, and I cant wait to do it again!!!

Attachments

• 9-26-10 finds christof.jpg
    9-26-10 finds christof.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 580
  • 9-26-10 finds dave.jpg
    9-26-10 finds dave.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 572
  • 9-26-10 finds.jpg
    9-26-10 finds.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 564
  • 9-26-10 dave finds 2.jpg
    9-26-10 dave finds 2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 570
  • 9-26-10 dave find.jpg
    9-26-10 dave find.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 567
  • 9-26 ice b.jpg
    9-26 ice b.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 573
  • 9-26 ice c.jpg
    9-26 ice c.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 557
Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work guys... I need to break my gold drought. There is just too much sand still piling in... I am even havin a hard time finding pull tabs and bobby pins with my PI.. :dontknow:

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
technetics, fisher1280,excal11, whites dual field PI
boo hoo im jealous tooo...but oh well...tomorrow im doing a huge beach on ack...im determined to find more gold....got 3 in the past week...its competition between me and petersa...hh all and sleep well...big day tomorrow...loose lips sink ships....later

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bravo! Excellent finds!

Were you using the PI or the Excal??

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
captain ack1 said:
boo hoo im jealous tooo...but oh well...tomorrow im doing a huge beach on ack...im determined to find more gold....got 3 in the past week...its competition between me and petersa...hh all and sleep well...big day tomorrow...loose lips sink ships....later

Since I haven't been hunting in over a week, you are three gold ahead of me. But I will take your challenge for tomorrow.....Your On!!!! Nothing like putting pressure on me. :-\ I guess I don't go back home until my arm falls off or I have found some gold :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: HH to all, Ralph

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any idea on the makers mark?

Oh yea, nice rings.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Surfer said:
Smudge said:
Bravo! Excellent finds!

Were you using the PI or the Excal??
Excal..... But I think I am going to hit it with the PI next time...

but wait, what did the fellow want? and I see the wife got that baby on.. beautiful ring I might add.. Nice Nice ice. :thumbsup:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your gonna have to change your name to goldsurfer now! :laughing9: Great hunt guys! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions