Captain Ack1 Challenge

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
So as not to hijack the Snookinson post regarding some great gold and ice he found, (where this challenge came from) I am starting a new post. I posted that I was going to hunt the beach today and Captain Ack1 challenged me to see which of us could find the most gold since he was going hunting as well (although on a different beach). His challenge included the fact that he has already found 3 gold this past week, to my, "I haven't been hunting". Perhaps you have a "Honey Hole" Captain. My arm didn't quite fall off, but I sure couldn't go much longer than the 6 hours I hunted today. I decided to use my Tiger Shark rather than my PI, because it is more sensative to small gold and goes almost as deep. A woman told me a week and a half ago about a lost 1-ct diamond stud earring, so I decided to see if I could find it. I tried hard, but no gold for me. $2.51 in clad, a 10 cent Euro, a Pirate token from the local miniature golf place, plus a silver colored bead of some sort. Not as much trash as usual. Not much sand movement yet. Everything I found was relatively high on the beach. The sand down at the low water edge was quite solf indicating that it is shifting and targets are very deep..... If you found any gold at all Captain, you got me beat. I got some good exercise today, and I am tired. HH to ya'al. Ralph

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 679
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    104.6 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
technetics, fisher1280,excal11, whites dual field PI
well im always up for a challenge.makes life more interesting...out at the crack of dawn..the first beach was a bust...low tide didnt go out much..found i quarter and a corroded toy truck...so split after an hour...site #2 was a dud, 1/2 an hour...sooooo went back to an old area wind is now blowing like god but its a big area waist deep at the most at low tide..started hitting clad crusted up stuff ...1 10k 2 gram piece of %$@* and a crusted over silver ring whitch cleaned up nice....925...but had the sickening stamp on the inside...AVON...oh well silver is silver...3.15 clad and some new shades on the beach...going just to the same spot today...theres got to be some deep gold there somewhere...one lady came over to me and said...what are u doing??? so i told her and she said whats those white things in the water with birds on them???i said buoys ...i said where r u from....new mexico we dont have water there....i said you must get awful thirsty without water.and walked away...challenge on for today ..my new buddy better find something...later

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
i need a formula to determine at current gold prices what 10k, 14k, 18k..is worth...example at 1300an oz. whats a 14k 12g wedding band worth..like the one i found sat...hint hint... :laughing7: later

islandchips

Apr 8, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800,Excal2, Barracuda,White's Dual Field
captain ack1 said:
i need a formula to determine at current gold prices what 10k, 14k, 18k..is worth...example at 1300an oz. whats a 14k 12g wedding band worth..like the one i found sat...hint hint... :laughing7: later

Aloha here is just what your looking for, just input the weight and type of metal and it will give you the value.
http://www.dendritics.com/scales/metal-calc.asp

HH, islandchips

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Captain, hope your not giving your gold away to a "Cash for gold" Scheme. This one pays 98% of spot value. http://www.aragold.com/refining-schedule.html Sorry you didn't find the killer ring yesterday. I have some work around the house to do this morning. Perhaps I will go to another beach later today. HH, Ralph

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
How about some pictures, Captain? Folks around here like to SEE what u r talking bout. hint, hint :icon_pirat:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Believe me, right now just finding gold is a challenge. ;D

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
well was there at dawn 3hrs. worth...3.15 clad i silver.925 toe ring(you want it???...) and exercise...hopefully the storm will uncover some goodies...later hh

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
fax machine died a bad death..need another, so no pics right now...whats more important? work around the house :P or detecting :hello2: oh well later hh

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
I didn't make it out today. Low tide is at 6:30 this evening and it is a 1.4' low tide. Hardly makes it worth getting into the water. My SS scoop is also cracking, so I bought some SS welding rods today. Hope to get back into it later this week. With the bath tub re-caulk project finished, I might have booked some detecting time with the wife :D :D

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
does your wife have metal in her that you can pick up with a detector??? :dontknow:...sorry about the equipment failure..you must be tuff on your toys...persistence is key so ill be out at the crack of dawn...the beach is called steppes...r u in the mertle beach area???

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
nantucket, ma...google earth the beaches...

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
good news and bad....good news i snagged a 14k ..8g gold ring this morning with 2 little diamonds on the sides and a strange white stone/gem in the middle ...thats 4 for the week :icon_sunny:...bad news mycar blew a brakeline in the rear so im grounded... ??? gives you time to catch up...good luck hh

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Wow Capt. you are tearing the beaches up :icon_pirat: I just posted the repair to my scoop. It took me most of the day. I also finished the caulking project, so I am looking to go out hunting in the morning. Good going on the newest gold :icon_thumleft: Sorry to hear about your car, but then you could trade some gold to get it fixed. ::) You also need to get a digital camera so you can post pictures of your finds. :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: Hint, hint. Hope you get back to hunting soon. HH, Ralph

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
im about 5to10 mins. from the beach walking so me in a wet suit, the excal, and the rtg will walk...who needs a car anyway... :help:,,,,i may need help carrying all the gold back...good luck hh

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
i hope everyone is ready for the nov. new moon..the tide is going wayyyyyyyy out ..where the good stuff is..hh :hello2:

OP
OP
petersra

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Hey Capt., the tide here is a -0.5 for the new moon, which is low but not extremely low. Perhaps there is a larger Lunar effect in the NE. I have been out of commission for a while. My father-in-law passed away and wife and I are dealing with issues and admin matters. Hope to be able to go hunting again by the time the new moon rolls around. Good luck to ya'al. Ralph

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
sorry to hear about your father in law..its certainly a mess to unravel...hopefully youll get out and dig alittle and release some stress...good luck...hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions