Garrett AT Pro information - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Jul 2010
    Central Florida
    A Propointer tied to a stick
    43 times
    Metal Detecting

Re: Garrett AT Pro information

Everything I see is that the AT Pro will function in salt water as long as you don't take it below ten feet.

Garrett went to great pains to point out how the detector is compartmentalized to prevent flooding and I believe them. If they made a waterproof machine that wasn't Garrett would never live it down and I don't think they'd risk their reputation on something like that.

The only question is, once you have adjusted the detector for salt water mineralization, how much depth do you lose? This I think is likely to be the place where dedicated beach machines will trump over the AT Pro.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2685 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Quote Originally Posted by S.S.Tupperware
    I have a feeling 6 months down the road it is not as water proof as they think. I still don't think you will really see it shine in the salt though.
    I think it will be waterproof & work in salt.............. On waterproof Garrett has no water detectors that i hear of that leak The Infinium or the other PI detectors of Garrett.................The ones that put out out all this misinformation on the AT Pro are ones that are not Garrett fans...............But you see it might & then might not no one knows yet.............And there is more hunters inland than on the salt water coast's........... And i am one that might see salt water once every 3 years for a week ..............When i go on vacation i don't head south to the beaches i head north to Canada ...................Never did care for that dam sand & heat...................... But there is a lot more out there that hunt fresh water than salt water....... I am a inland and fresh water hunter so to me the AT pro will be a dream detector.***************
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	at_pro_logo.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	9.7 KB 
ID:	457854  
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8705 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Just spoke with Garrett about my main concern and it sounds like they have addressed just about every issue you can think of. "My main concerns included the "prolonged abrassion of the harsher saltwater environment on the face of LCD screen and touch pad",....but evidently this issue was addressed and it is no longer a concern.

As far as depth loss when adjusting for heavy mineralization, Garrett said that during their test they didn't notice any measureable loss in depth.

Sounds like a great deal for the buck and a fantastic machine! I think I'm going to have to order one.

"Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jan 2010
    Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
    AT-Pro & BHID
    16 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Thanks bigscoop. Looking forward to seeing these start showing up on the beaches and in the surf. I wonder if Dealers will be able to keep a good stock on hand or will there be back orders? I'd like to run over to Kellyco in November and check one out.

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8705 times

Quote Originally Posted by DanFL1962
    Thanks bigscoop. Looking forward to seeing these start showing up on the beaches and in the surf. I wonder if Dealers will be able to keep a good stock on hand or will there be back orders? I'd like to run over to Kellyco in November and check one out.
    My thoughts exactly. Pick me up on your way over there!
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
    3974 times

With as many detectors as I have I know I will probably have to get one too. If for no other reason then if the Tiger Shark dies I won't have to wait till they get a new connector.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links